    Hi. I need to know if it is possible to take te MSCD.NET exams in another
    language than english, specifically in spanish. My english is not so bad but
    the time for tests is limited. Thanks

    Alex, Mar 3, 2004

  2. Alex

    Eric Guest

    I don't know, but I would hope so. I can understand if the code
    examples have to be in English, but it seems like a good idea to have
    the explanations in various languages.

    What country are you from? There's a lot of Mexican Spanish speakers in
    the US, but I've never met a single Mexican programmer for some reason.
    I'm guessing you're from Spain, or some other country, right?

    Eric

    Eric, Mar 3, 2004

  3. Alex

    Alex Guest

    Hi Eric. I am from Cuba, graduated at Havana University in Computer Science
    in 1999, and I am studying hard for the 70-316 exam. Mi principal concerns
    are the time and the sometimes long explanations before the programming
    code. Thanks

    Alex, Mar 3, 2004
  4. Hi Eric. I am from Cuba, graduated at Havana University in Computer Science
    If the exam is not available in your native language, I 'believe' you
    qualify for an extension to the time allowed for the exam.

    Given your reply here, I don't think you would have too much trouble
    with exam - your English is better than mine!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Mar 3, 2004
  5. Alex

    Alex Guest

    I've heard the word "accomodation" somewhere and may be it is related with
    the time extension you mentioned. Hope it applies to me. Thanks ,

    alex

    Alex, Mar 3, 2004
  6. Alex

    Ernesto Guest

    Hi

    If you live in a non English speaking country, you have
    the right to ask for aditional time. I've used this right
    (no needed at end, but better safer than sorry) in Peru
    and in Spain as well.

    If you're a latin guy living in USA.... sorry, i don't
    believe you have the right to ask for aditional time.

    Ernesto

    Ernesto, Mar 3, 2004
  7. Alex

    Alex Guest

    Hi . Yes I am living in USA. If I dont have the right to ask for aditional
    time anyway I'll do it in English, it wont stop me, but asking first won't
    make it worse.
    a friend of mine made his MCSD in Peru too, do you think is a better choice
    to travel..?

    Alex, Mar 3, 2004
  8. In non English speaking country, you will get 30 minutes plus for every
    exam, bad news is that some of this time go to survey and comments (about 10
    minutes).

    Regards,
    Daniel

    Daniel Joskovski, Mar 3, 2004
  9. :)) IMO you should improve your English instead of request the exam format
    in other language,
    My English is not well, really, but for every exams, only "knowledge" does
    matter, but not "language" :)

    Do Quyet Tien, Mar 4, 2004
  10. Alex

    Alex Guest

    Hi Do Quyet, I think there is a little difference between "request" and
    "ask", and I am asking not requesting.

    Alex, Mar 4, 2004
  11. Alex

    Ernesto Guest

    Hi again

    I made my MCSD in Peru because: i'm Peruvian and then i
    lived there, i won a scholarship (Microsoft sponsored) to
    take the complete track. The .NET exams where in Spain
    because i currently live in Madrid.

    Said that, i believe that if you're going to take the
    Official Courses for the Certification, perhaps is very
    convenient to go to Peru and take the courses and exams
    there, my teacher told me about a USA guy that went to
    Peru in order to take the courses, he said that the cost
    of the courses plus the expenses from the travel where
    less than the cost of take the courses in USA.

    If you're planing to become a MCSD using autolearning...
    stay in USA, it will cost a lot only for the aditional time

    I hope it helps
    Ernesto

    Ernesto, Mar 4, 2004