    gold card because in the next few years it will appreciate in value
    remarkably. I expect that no more than about 3500 will be issued and within
    a few years you will be the one in ten who were there from the beginning.

    Allianze, Sep 8, 2003

  2. Allianze

    Kline Sphere Guest

    I expect that this month will be another bumber after which it will taper
    Should that not be 'bumper' or at least 'bummer'!!

    Kline Sphere, Sep 8, 2003

  3. Allianze

    Allianze Guest

    'Bumper' unless your glass is half empty instead of half full.

    Allianze, Sep 8, 2003
  4. Allianze

    Kline Sphere Guest

    He, He!!

    Kline Sphere, Sep 8, 2003
  5. Appreciate in value? Enough for me to retire early?<vbg>...

    Leigh Kendall, Sep 8, 2003
  6. Allianze

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Appreciate in value? Enough for me to retire early?<vbg>...

    Only if your pension fund invested in real estate and golf courses!!!

    Kline Sphere, Sep 8, 2003
  7. No kiddin'... Seems like the only thing going these days.

    Of course, if I was motivated to get my early achiever MCSD for .NET card by
    what, Sept 30?, and it appreciates substantially, then perhaps I could
    retire and spend more time on the golf course.

    I'll hold my breath... ...gasp.... gasp...

    Leigh Kendall, Sep 8, 2003
  8. Allianze

    Rich Guest

    So, like....what is a Gold Card, what is it's value now,
    and what do you expect it's value to be after appreciation?

    Rich, Sep 10, 2003
  9. Allianze

    DllImport Guest

    I think the value of the gold card is only in bragging rights and personal
    sense of achievement; it's not like any potential employer is going to give
    a damn. "Oh, he is not just an MCSD, he is a GOLD CARD MCSD!!! We have to
    hire him!"
    Personally, I'm waiting for the Platinum card; it has better interest rates
    than the Gold card.

    DllImport, Sep 10, 2003
  10. Allianze

    Maria Guest

    No, the platinum card is a reward for paying frequent exam
    fees for cert upgrades.

    Maria, Sep 11, 2003
  11. Allianze

    Rich Guest

    aaah...now I'm beginning to understand :)

    Rich, Sep 11, 2003
  12. Allianze

    bi-ker Guest

    I really enjoy the somewhat jaundiced humor that these
    threads invoke.

    Speaking of frequent buyer rewards, when I received my
    gold card I also received a form that qualifies me for a
    20% discount the next time I renew my MSDN Universal
    Subscription. This is almost enough saving to pay for the
    exams, and you know me Maria, never waste a single minute
    of any day, and never spend a single dime if you can get
    away with it, so naturally I am really pleased.

    I note that you work for Getronics I know a few people in
    your company. Getronics like my company is a Microsoft
    partner, and I know that life for all of us in this
    current market is not easy.

    All the more reason then to appreciate the MSDN discount,
    after all a percentage of the money I paid for the exam
    fees went to the testing agencies so that the discount
    would appear to be greater than the percentage that went
    to Microsoft. Now that's what I call a frequent buyer
    reward!

    bi-ker, Sep 13, 2003