    I would like to know, is there is time frame for me to take all the papers
    in order to get the MCSD certification?

    Regards.

    LSB, May 5, 2008

  2. Effectively it is March 31, 2009, as that's when the core exams for this
    certification will be retired.

    However, it's not inconceivable that one could pass the core exams
    (70-305/315, 70-306/316, 70-310/320, 70-300), prior to March 31, 2009, and
    not take the final elective exam until some time later, and still be awarded
    the MCSD.

    For example, these MCSD elective exams are still current, and not scheduled
    for retirement:
    70-235 MCTS: Developing Business Process and Integration Solutions Using
    Microsoft Biztalk Server 2006
    70-431 MCTS: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 – Implementation and Maintenance

    In fact, I doubt the 70-431 would be retired anytime before 2010, so
    theoretically MS could be awarding MCSD certifications for the next two or
    three years.

    Interestingly, a similar thing happened to me. Many years ago I took two
    Great Plains 7.5 exams to earn an Install/Configure MCP for a consulting
    company I was going to do some work for. The work never happened, and I lost
    interest in Great Plains. However, when I popped that 70-431 on my cert
    transcript, suddenly I earned myself a Business Solutions Professional cert
    on a legacy product (the MCBMSP in my sig), simply because the "SQL2000"
    requirement for the original cert had been expanded to accept the SQL2005
    cert as an option.

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP, MCBMSP, MCTS(x4), MCP

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], May 6, 2008

  3. LSB

    Gerry Guest

    The MCSD and MCAD credentials will NOT be awarded beyond the March 2009
    date. All requirements MUST be completed prior to that date.

    Gerry

    Gerry, May 6, 2008
  4. Do you have a source for this, Gerry? Preferably at a 'microsoft.com' URL.

    This is contrary to every other certification practice in recent years.

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], May 10, 2008