MCSD boot camp?

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Chris, Aug 22, 2004.

  1. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Chris, Aug 22, 2004

  2. Chris

    Matt Guest

    Yup, I'm taking it right now in Virginia-- just completed
    316 on Wed and 315 tonight, Web Services on Sunday.

    The lectures are a firehose to the face of the Microsoft
    self-paced learning books plus the instructor's
    knowledge. You'll be slammed with the reader's digest
    version of the books and up until the wee hours with self
    tests. It's lecture and self test heavy with some demos
    sprinkled in, light on labs-- the focus definitely on
    getting the cert although when you pull your head out of
    the books you realize how much you really know.

    My instructor is excellent-- he teaches! and is very
    experienced on giving this class and knows what you need
    to know to pass the tests but also makes sure that you're
    learning things that are important but not on the test.

    Advice:
    1) Make sure you've got some real-world development
    experience-- non-developers are going to stuggle.
    2) Get up to speed on ADO.NET inside and out before you
    get there (I didn't but I wish I had).
    3) Show up rested on day 1!
    4) Wait for deep discounts on the price or negotiate it
    down. I got $5600 for the 14 day MCSD.
    5) Make sure you plan to stay at the hotel or on site.
    You will have no time for anything else except for test
    days- you'll the evening off.

    Matt, Aug 28, 2004

  3. spam

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Aug 28, 2004
  4. more than likely spam

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Aug 28, 2004
  5. Anyone have any feedback on www.thetrainingcamp.com 14-
    spam

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Aug 28, 2004
  6. Chris

    Pollux Guest

    <SNIP>

    And you still overpaid.