    What do you ppl think... MCSD6 or MCSD.NET ???

    Also, If I completed MCSD6 before the exam expires in
    June, How long will i still be MCSD Certified?

    Sean, Dec 1, 2003

  2. VB6 is dead. choose the MCSD .NET.

    Laurent Desmons, Dec 1, 2003

  3. Sean

    Guest Guest

    Unless you plan to work exclusively in VB 6.0, then there seems to be no
    reason to pass that certification at this point. It really depends on why
    you want or need a certification.

    Guest, Dec 1, 2003
  4. Sean

    Kline Sphere Guest

    VB6 is dead.

    Shame it didn't die sooner.

    Kline Sphere, Dec 1, 2003
  5. this nasty bug wasn't easy to kill....

    Laurent Desmons, Dec 1, 2003
  6. Sean

    Kline Sphere Guest

    VB6 is dead.
    .... Long live C#, C++, Java, Delphi etc, etc.....

    Kline Sphere, Dec 2, 2003
  7. Sean

    Guest Guest

    FoxPro Rules!

    just kidding ...

    Guest, Dec 3, 2003
  8. In 08e701c3b84b$40276f10$,
    Hi Sean,

    The following article may help:
    http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2001/Oct01/10-11MCPUpdatesPR.asp
    "Microsoft Revamps Its IT Certification Program to Meet Customer Needs
    Program to Recognize New Job Roles and Skill Sets on Multiple Microsoft
    Platforms"

    Cindy Winegarden, Dec 3, 2003
  9. Sean

    Lorne Smith Guest

    Nah... dBase III+ was FAR superior! :)

    (Actually... dBase was the first db lanauage I learned at college so I still
    have a certain fondness for it after all these years! :D ) Is it me or was
    it's query language rather a precursor to SQL? Damned similar syntax!!!

    Lorne

    Lorne Smith, Dec 3, 2003
  10. Sean

    Yahoo496 Guest

    dBase was first yes, but about superiority...:)

    Foxpro 6.0 has had many of the object-oriented features in Studio.Net 5
    years ago. It was a very good tool to work with.

    The reason I think why Foxpro is not on framework is because it will mean a
    downgrade for it :(

    Yahoo496, Dec 3, 2003
  11. Sean

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Nah... dBase III+ was FAR superior!

    Does it run under cpm though?

    Kline Sphere, Dec 3, 2003
  12. Sean

    Yahoo496 Guest

    nope - that was dBase II

    Does it run under cpm though?

    Yahoo496, Dec 3, 2003
  13. Sean

    Kline Sphere Guest

    nope - that was dBase II

    What!!!, you mean I've go to do a port!

    Kline Sphere, Dec 3, 2003
  14. Sean

    Yahoo496 Guest

    No, No, No... you can run CP/M on a separate partition. No need to transfer
    your dBase II application to DOS, or, worse, to WIN :)

    What!!!, you mean I've go to do a port!

    Yahoo496, Dec 3, 2003
  15. Sean

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Phew! Thanks!

    Kline Sphere, Dec 3, 2003
  16. Sean

    Lorne Smith Guest

    *sigh*... another old friend.... You gotta love CPM.... :)

    Lorne Smith, Dec 4, 2003
  17. Sean

    Guest Guest

    From what I recall, VFP 3.0 ~1995 had object inheritance and you could even
    build visual components.

    Guest, Dec 4, 2003
  18. In news: ,
    Yes, VFP has been "visual" and fully object-oriented, including inheritance,
    since VFP3.

    Cindy Winegarden, Dec 4, 2003
  19. Sean

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Yes, VFP has been "visual" and fully object-oriented, including inheritance,
    And is very underrated...

    Kline Sphere, Dec 4, 2003