MCSA Surprise

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by JTT, Aug 13, 2003.

  1. JTT

    JTT Guest

    Let me first start off by saying that I've been one of those individuals
    that did not care for certifications. Mainly because in one interveiw many
    years ago I wasn't asked back for a 2nd, and out of the 12 people, I was the
    only one that had real world hands on experience. Of course that was back
    in the days of NT 4.0 server.

    Recently I was required to obtain my MCSE so that we could sell Cisco IP
    telephony. I've been working with Microsoft for some years now, install,
    configuring, and maintaining server environment. So I just picked my tests
    from the list on which ones I felt I would do best in.

    When I took 70-218 as an elective the pre-exam survey asked when I planned
    to complete my MCSA and I picked "never". Imagine my surpise a week later
    when I received an e-mail from Microsoft that I was an MCSA.

    Needless to say, as of Friday August 8th, I am now a MCP/MCSA/MCSE. It was
    a pleasant surprise to become a MCSA without even trying for it.

    Good luck to those who work hard and have actually worked on a server!

    JTT

    JTT, Aug 13, 2003

  2. JTT

    Diana Myers Guest

    JTT,

    With the certifications that you took to become MCSE certified you probably
    only need to take the 70-218 test to become MCSA certified. Check
    Microsoft's website and I"m sure that is what you will find. The MCSA only
    requires 4 exams, three core exams which includes the 70-218 and then one
    elective exam. Exams that you already took to receive your MCSE counted
    toward your MCSA.

    Diana

    Diana Myers, Aug 14, 2003

  3. JTT

    Maestro Guest

    Did you actually read the post you responded to?

    Maestro, Aug 14, 2003
  4. JTT

    RoGuE Guest

    No shit!! another dumbass.