MCSA: just passed 70-290, need advice on next

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by pennino, Mar 15, 2005.

  1. pennino

    pennino Guest

    Hello,

    I passed today my first MCP exam, 70-290 (I got 925). I'd
    like to go the MCSA route, so I should now consider any of
    the following:

    70-291, 70-270 and the elective (I'm thinking about 70-
    299).

    The logical route would be 70-291 but it seems that MS is
    going to change the exam format starting April the 1st
    (starting with the 70-290 and 70-291 exams) so I'm afraid
    to find myself in the middle of a transition not knowing
    exactly how to prepare.

    Should I go for the 70-270 ?

    Any advice ?

    Thank you.

    pennino, Mar 15, 2005

  2. pennino

    peterpan Guest

    Hi, I think you should go for 70-291 before the exam change its format by
    April 1st.
    I passed already 70-290 and 70-270. Exam 70-270 seems easy for me to pass.
    So, dont' bother your mind about it. I plan to take the 291 by next week
    before the format change by April.

    peterpan
    mcp 270, 290, Net+

    peterpan, Mar 16, 2005

  3. pennino

    pennino Guest

    Thank you for your advice. But how long have you been
    preparing for 70-291 ? I was able to pass 70-290 in 15
    days but I already had experience on most of the topics
    (although on Windows 2000 and not Windows 2003). I had a
    look at the 70-291 objective list:

    and I'm definitely not as proficient. I'm particularly
    worried about Routing and Remote Access where I have
    little hands-on experience (and not with Microsoft
    solutions anyway).

    I don't think 15 days will suffice that's why I am worried
    about finding myself entangled in the transition. BTW:
    does anybody know if there is a demo of the new format
    available anywhere yet ?

    pennino, Mar 16, 2005
  4. FYI Peter Pan: The change has already begun.

    --
    "The Rev" MCT/MCNGP #44

    justafreak.com
    ..

    The Rev \(MCT\), Mar 16, 2005
  5. pennino

    James Guest

    the change begins on March 31 according to microsoft

    James, Mar 16, 2005
  6. pennino

    James Guest

    I would give it a try, learn what you can and write the test. Currently
    micorsoft will give you a second shot for free. So just make sure you
    register for the second shot thing, and if you fail, no big deal cause you
    get a second shot at the exam for free!

    James, Mar 16, 2005
  7. Not begins is done by March 31. And tell that to the students I've had that
    have taken the new style tests. They will tell you differently.

    --
    "The Rev" MCT/MCNGP #44

    justafreak.com
    ..

    The Rev \(MCT\), Mar 16, 2005
  8. Hi !
    Congratulations!
    I known you passed your exam 70-290.I prepare also exam at
    next week but i unsure of oneself .i don't known what the
    lastest version of 70-290 testking.Can you share it for
    me?
    Thank you for your reading

    ngannamconmai1010, Mar 19, 2005
  9. You're a cheating, brain-dumping idiot who deserves to fail whatever
    exam you're desperate to get cheat sheets for.

    blastingfonda, Mar 19, 2005
  10. pennino

    catwalker63 Guest

    Go away A.S.S.F.U.C.K.E.R!!

    --
    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet

    “If man could be crossed with the cat, it would improve man, but it would
    deteriorate the cat.” Mark Twain

    catwalker63, Mar 21, 2005