    Guest Guest

    Just have a quick question as I look over the MCSE requirements

    I plan on getting my MCSE after I graduate college, and obviously along the way I'd get an MCSA. Here's my question, though: Does having an MCSA on Windows Server 2003 count as an elective for the MCSE on 2003 track? It lists an MCSA on 2000 counting, and an MCSE on 2000, but not MCSA on 2003. So does this mean that, after taking the 3 extra MCSE exams (70-293, 70-294 and either 297 or 298) I still need an elective to become an MCSE? Being an MCSA won't count?

    Guest, Feb 26, 2004

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Answer to your first question: No
    Answer to your second question: No--with your '03 MCSA you can take an elective that will carry over to your '03 MCSE (such as 086 or 227)...that way all you have to take are the three extra exams you mention

    Best regards

    Ben Guterson [MSFT
    This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights

    Guest, Feb 27, 2004

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Okay, thanks for the reply.

    Kind of throws an extra curve in my plans, though, since I'm going to get A+ and Network+ before I start on the MCSE track, and those two would count as an elective for the MCSA track. So I guess I need to add one more exam to my path :)

    Guest, Feb 27, 2004