    fourth exam (Elective exam) ?

    Many thanks in advance for your help
    brgds - Robert

    molpid, Jun 9, 2007

  2. molpid

    John R Guest

    I believe so. If you check this link, you can see the requirements, and
    70-620 is listed as an elective...
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/windows2003/default.mspx

    Check your certification planner on the MCP site to be sure.

    Good luck.

    John R

    John R, Jun 9, 2007

  3. molpid

    Montreal MCT Guest

    Hi Molpid,

    I had written a long post that started with 'The answer is no, 70-620 is not
    a viable elective for MCSA on Server 2003. It is an option for the desktop
    exam, but as you have already passed 70-210 it is not an option.'

    Having said that, upon further research the answer is YES 620 is a valid
    elective. My bad :)

    Montreal MCT, Jun 9, 2007
  4. molpid

    molpid Guest

    Hi Montreal MCT & John R,

    many thanks for your answers. As a result of your answers I'll start
    learning for the 70-620 to complete my MCSA 2003.

    Have a nice weekend
    brgds - Robert

    molpid, Jun 9, 2007
  5. molpid

    John R Guest

    There has certainly been cause for confusion on this particular question.
    It is funny, but a strict reading of the learning website link that I posted
    shows that you can earn MCSA 2003 by passing only 290, 291, and 620.
    Although it says you need 3 core and 1 elective, there is no disclaimer that
    620 can only be used as either a desktop or a general elective (like there
    is for 297/298 only counting once). I wonder if the certification planners
    made the same oversight? The MCSE 2003 track shows the same "anomoly".

    Microsoft also said that they would not allow MCDST to be the elective for
    MCSE because they didn't want the MCSE to be "All Windows", yet there are
    plenty of other "window" electives (including 620) that do satisfy the
    elective and those are only one test compared to MCDST's two.

    There is *certainly* cause for much confusion.

    John R

    John R, Jun 12, 2007