MCSA 2000 or MCSA 2003? Which one to go for?

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Aman B., Aug 14, 2005.

  1. Aman B.

    Aman B. Guest

    Hi everyone,

    I'm at the very beginning now. I've passed 70-210 and now looking towards
    MCSA. And I'm not sure which one should work on - 2000 or 2003.

    IMHO:

    MCSA 2000
    Pros
    + more familiar with
    + there're more businesses using 2000 right now
    + after upgrading can have both 2000 and 2003 status
    + chances are that MCSA 2000 will be good enough to get a job in a company
    with 2003 environment
    Cons
    - eventually will be replaced by 2003
    - more exams to pass and more expensive and time-consuming

    MCSA2003
    Pros
    + newer technology
    + MCSA2003 can also get a job where requirement is MCSA2000 (or am I wrong?)
    + less time- and effort-consuming than uprading from 2000
    Cons
    - less experience than with 2000
    - as I said, right now 2000 is more demanded (I think)

    Now, gentlemen, what are your thoughts about it and what would you recommend
    me?

    With best regards,
    Aman

    Aman B., Aug 14, 2005

  2. Aman B.

    Aman B. Guest

    Yes, I agree with you about more experience being displayed

    Aman B., Aug 16, 2005