    intended for MCADs ?. And then do the 2 MCPD upgrades intended for MCSDs.
    Thanks,
    Chamith ()

    Chamith, Jan 29, 2006

  2. Chamith

    Guest Guest

    Hi Chamith,

    You can retake the Betas during the Beta period and it will not affect your
    ability to take the exam later when it is Live. You can also take the MCAD
    exams (551 and 552) and use them to obtain an MCPD, as well as taking the
    MCSD exams. We are not restricting access to the Beta exams, as our main
    goal is to obtain quality feedback on our exam questions and create excellent
    Live exams for the developer community.

    Best wishes,
    Sondra Webber, Microsoft Corporation

    Guest, Jan 30, 2006

  3. Chamith

    Chamith Guest

    Thanks for the Info..
    Since i'm a MCSD, you mean i can take all four exams (551,552,553 & 554) ?
    And any paper can be attempted more than once during the beta period?
    Can you let me know what the shortest path is to get MCPD qualifications for
    all Windows, Web and Enterprise Developer?
    Do i have to do all 4 exams?
    Thanks,
    Chamith

    "Sondra Webber, Microsoft Corporation"

    Chamith, Jan 30, 2006
  4. Chamith

    WSUS Guest

    You can retake the Betas during the Beta period
    From what I've heard, everyone can only take each beta once. You can take
    other betas, but not the same one twice. Has it changed?

    If someone can take the betas 4 times, the first 3 times he just try to
    memorize the questions, he can make his own braindump for the 4th trial...
    may be he can also share them with others. Of cource, he can also do that
    in live exams, but the number of Qs is smaller then that found in betas. I
    think this will not create any excellent live exam for the developer
    community. This will just destory the MCPD credentials earlier.
    If so, you should send the reg code to all the test centers, they will be
    happy to advertise the beta exams for you. They will ask everyone to take
    the exam at their test centers, and they may have recording
    hardware/software ready for it. No, I don't trust ANY test center.
    15 min comment period is not enough.

    <Sondra Webber>; "Microsoft Corporation"

    WSUS, Jan 30, 2006
  5. Chamith

    Guest Guest

    Hi Chamith,

    You can take all of the exams listed below as an MCSD. The shortest path to
    obtain all of the credentials would be to take 553 and 554, and then 547 and
    548. While it's still four exams, 547 and 548 will be shorter exams than 551
    ansd 552. You will have already covered the material from all of the MCTS
    topic areas in 553 and 554, so there is no need to cover it again in 551 and
    552.

    Sondra Webber

    Guest, Jan 30, 2006
  6. Chamith

    Guest Guest

    Hi

    I'm confused, I've read http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcpd/entapp/ ,
    so I believed that a MCSD.NET only needed to take the 553 and 554 exams in
    order to be a MCPD, I'm not sure if it is completly necesary to take the 547
    and 548.

    Best Regards
    Ernesto
    MCSD.NET

    Guest, Jan 30, 2006
  7. Chamith

    Chamith Guest

    Hi Sondra,
    Thanks you verymuch for the information.
    Today I contacted a contact person at a MS exam center in our city. Her view
    on the Bera Exams was as follows,
    1) Can not be repeated during the Beta Period.
    2) We dont get the results whether passed or failed in the result sheet.
    Please be kind enough to get me on these questions.

    Thanks,
    Chamith
    "Sondra Webber, Microsoft Corporation"

    Chamith, Feb 1, 2006
  8. Chamith

    Chamith Guest

    Addendum..
    She also called us and informed that they contacted VUE & they've been told
    that the results will not be counted towards any certification saying that
    those are just to evaluate the new exam papers.
    Im confused :(

    Chamith, Feb 1, 2006
  9. Chamith

    WSUS Guest

    The result will be counted if you pass.

    Beta exams from some other software vendors are not counted, and some of
    those software vendors allow beta testers do the test open book at home.
    However, that's not the same for MS beta exams. If you heard others said
    MS betas are open book, they are cheaters who just want to find a more
    beautiful reason to cheat themselves.

    You may heard:
    "That guy passed the exams in beta? Impossible!!!" ... "He must be a
    cheater. He must do it open book!" ... "Or, he must have hired someone else
    to take the test for him." ... "He cheats, so we should cheat too! " ...
    "Let us do the exams together with all books opened at our CHEATING center!"

    The fact:
    MS beta exams are just the same as their live exams, except that you need to
    answer 1.8x number of Qs in 1.4x the length of time.

    WSUS, Feb 1, 2006
  10. Chamith

    Dilshan Guest

    I'm faced with a situation very similar to Chamith's, I think.

    I currently am a MCSD for .NET; with the new generation of certification, my
    plan is to do 71-547, 71-548, 71-553, 71-554 and have registered with VUE
    for the same.

    I checked up from a VUE center, which says:
    * the results (pass/fail) aren't given.
    * that the results of the beta exams do *not* count towards the final
    certification.
    * that candidates cannot repeat exams in case of failure, during the beta
    period.

    Hence, I'd like to clarify (hopefully with some authoritative input from
    Sondra Webber or someone else from Microsoft) whether:
    1) if I pass the beta exams mentioned above, during the beta period (upto
    12th March, 2006) - will I have the MCPD certification?
    if not - I saw some mention of the beta exams counting towards the
    certification, and would like to know in what way?
    2) I will get detailed results after the exam - so I can know if I have
    passed/failed?
    3) in case of failing an exam, can I repeat it during the beta period?

    Hope someone can help clear this up for me...

    TIA,

    Yours confusedly, ;-)

    Chris

    Dilshan, Feb 1, 2006
  11. Chamith

    Guest Guest

    OK. Beta exams, if passed, definately DO count towards your certification!

    You do not receive a pass/fail at the end of the exam like you do with a
    live exam. Instead, you will receive a pass/fail and a score report somewhere
    between 8 and 12 weeks after you sit the exam. Microsoft say that you are
    meant to get your results before the exam goes live but this is not always
    the case.

    Late last year I sat for many of the SQL Server 2005 and Visual Studio/.Net
    2 Beta exams and am still yet to receive any of my results, although many of
    my colleagues have. Those I know who have passed any of these beta exams get
    the results on their MCP transcript and are also awarded the relevant
    certification status.

    Each individual is permitted to sit any one beta exam only once during the
    beta period. Sitting a beta exam does not effect how many time you can sit
    that same exam when it goes live.

    Hope that all helps

    Marcus Claxton (MCT, MCSE, MCSA, MCDST, MCDBA)

    Guest, Feb 6, 2006
  12. Chamith

    Dilshan Guest

    Thanks - i think that clarifies what i wanted to know.

    Hope you receive your results & certificates soon!

    Regards,

    Dilshan

    Dilshan, Feb 10, 2006
  13. Chamith

    Guest Guest

    In another post you told that one may retake the exam only when the live
    version is released. So what is it; is it possible to retake the beta exam
    during the beta period as many times you need or do you have to wait for the
    live version for a retake?

    Thanks in advance!

    Regards,
    Johan Andersson

    Guest, Feb 17, 2006
  14. Greetings

    - The results of your (first) beta-exam will be determined after the exam is
    released
    - You can't retake an exam you have passed
    - The exams are not available as beta once they are released

    If I am not misinformed, it is logically challenging to retake a beta-exam

    Gorm Braarvig, Feb 18, 2006
  15. Vishal R Joshi [MSFT], Feb 27, 2006