MCPD: Updated info ?

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Cerebrus, Oct 25, 2006.

  1. Cerebrus

    Cerebrus Guest

    Hi all,

    Has anyone seen this page :
    <http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/upgrade/default.mspx>

    It mentions that if you're an existing MCSD.NET, you can give TWO exams
    (70-553, 70-554) and get the following certifications:

    1. MCTS: .NET Framework 2.0 Web Applications
    2. MCTS: .NET Framework 2.0 Windows Applications
    3. MCTS: .NET Framework 2.0 Distributed Applications
    4. MCPD: Enterprise Applications Developer

    4 certifications with 2 exams !!! I can't believe this ! This should be
    very good news for those debating on whether to give the MCTS exams in
    addition.

    If you're an MCAD.NET, you can earn two certifications with ONE exam
    (70-551 / 70-552):

    1. MCTS: .NET Framework 2.0 Web Applications
    2. MCPD: Web Developer / MCPD: Windows Developer

    As if it weren't enough, they're offering a 25% discount till March 31.

    Cerebrus, Oct 25, 2006

  2. Yup. That's how I got my MCPD. It worked great.

    As far as I know, all the other MCPD's have also gone that route.

    Chris Mullins, Oct 25, 2006

  3. Cerebrus

    Guest Guest

    MCAD is a subset of MCSD, so the MCAD upgrade paths are available to MCSD
    holders too. So why should I take the two recommended exams (70-553 and
    70-554) to upgrade to MCPD Ent if I could earn both MCPD Win and MCPD
    Web by taking exams 70-551 and 70-552?

    If you follow this path, the only area not covered by combined MCPD Win and
    MCPD Web credentials compared to a single MCPD Ent is the area of distributed
    applications. However, if you look at the skills measured by 70-529 - they
    all become absolete with the release of of WCF/Indigo in November.

    Guest, Oct 25, 2006