    colors. They would look very out of place in a nice frame mounted on a wall
    somewhere. Ah well - they fit into a manilla folder in the file cabinet just
    fine.

    Chris Mullins, Oct 9, 2006

  2. Chris Mullins

    Guest Guest

    Hey, Chris. Would it help if we published the charter open and end dates in
    the MCP newsletter so there is an 'official' source for that info? Or on the
    prep guide pages? Suggestions welcome.

    RE: the look--I know it's not everyone's favorite! We're working on it
    (size, paper quality, etc.) and should have a prototype of the improvements
    this winter for y'all to provide feedback, and hopefully, want to put it on
    your wall....

    Guest, Oct 24, 2006

  3. Hi Trika,

    I think just adding the Charter Member dates to the MCPD / MCTS FAQ would be
    sufficient. I think just adding the single question, "What is a Charter
    Member, and how do I become one?" would answer most of the questions I see
    people asking.

    I'll look forward to seeing the new Certs in Q1...

    Chris Mullins, Oct 24, 2006
  4. Chris Mullins

    Guest Guest

    Cool. Thanks.

    Guest, Oct 24, 2006
  5. Chris Mullins

    Cerebrus Guest

    Hi Chris,

    I found an earlier post of yours that mentions that the "Charter
    member" title is limited to those who take the beta exam. Could you
    kindly clarify on that ?

    Cerebrus, Oct 24, 2006
  6. Charter Member means "Passed the Test in the first 6 months of it's
    existance". Nothing to do with Beta Exams as far as I know.

    ... other than passing a Beta Exam means also being a Charter Member.

    Chris Mullins, Oct 24, 2006
  7. Chris Mullins

    Cerebrus Guest

    Thanks, that explains it... :)

    Cerebrus, Oct 24, 2006
  8. Chris Mullins

    Binoj Antony Guest

    Just cleared by 70-554, and still even my 70-553 results is not reflecting
    on my transcript
    Wrote to Thomson Prometric, but they are not responding.
    (my other exams were on Pearson, hence the prometric centre told me that it
    would take time to link my mcp id with prometric id)
    Would I still be eligible for Charter Member since I finished the exams
    before October 31st?

    Binoj Antony, Oct 28, 2006
  9. Chris Mullins

    JP Guest

    May be a stupid question but I guess Chris can answer this.. Is the cut off
    Oct 31st or November 31st
    Thanks in advance

    JP, Oct 30, 2006
  10. It's November 30th.

    Death from Above
    MCPD: EAD, MCSD.NET, MCITP: DBD, MCDBA

    Death from Above, Oct 30, 2006
  11. Chris Mullins

    JP Guest

    Thanks a lot for the clarification

    JP, Oct 30, 2006
  12. Chris Mullins

    Binoj Antony Guest

    I just ordered my welcome kit and it included MCPD:EAD Charter Member
    certificate as well!

    You can check my transcript at
    https://mcp.microsoft.com/authenticate/validatemcp.aspx
    Transcript ID = 697551
    Access Code = binojantony

    Binoj Antony
    MCSD.NET, MCPD:EAD(Charter Member)

    Binoj Antony, Nov 1, 2006
  13. Chris Mullins

    Cerebrus Guest

    How do you manage it in just 8 days ?!!

    Cerebrus, Nov 1, 2006
  14. Chris Mullins

    Binoj Antony Guest

    Well I have been working on .NET 2.0 for some time now, also as of now I am
    between jobs so did a thorough study for 6 days!
    But I have to say that even thorough study is no match for practical
    experience.
    Most scenario based questions asked in Section 1 of 70-554 requires actual
    experience no amount of study will make u pass. And this format is much
    better than 70-300 which tests more of your comprehension skills.
    Although the study did help in Section 2. (dont ask me for more details, NDA
    zips my lips :) )

    Now I am preparing for 70-215 (70-290/291 Servers is too tough) and 70-228
    finish MCDBA

    Binoj Antony, Nov 2, 2006
  15. Chris Mullins

    Kev Guest

    Hopefully I should have completed it by then. I'm booked in tomorrow to do
    70-528, which only leaves me 70-549 left after tomorrow.

    Kev

    Kev, Nov 2, 2006