    Is the best sequence: 70-290,70-291,70-270,70-228?

    Thanks for your info

    Rodrigo

    Rodrigo, Dec 10, 2008

  2. Rodrigo

    Kline Sphere Guest

    chick magnet

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Dec 10, 2008

  3. Rodrigo:
    According to the Non Disclosure Agreement, which of course we ALL read and
    agree to before taking an exam, the letters MCP stand for "Microsoft
    Certification Program." So if are you asking yourself whether you are a
    "Program" or not, the answer is "No."

    Seriously, however, yes, passing 70-290 does make you a Microsoft Certified
    Professional, and you can now put "MCP" after your name if you wish, and you
    can also obtain access to the special MCP website (mcp.microsoft.com/mcp),
    but that won't offer you too much. You are also given some discounts on
    things, but I've never used them. Remember that you must request your welcome
    kit -- they don't send it out automatically anymore. There are links on one
    of the Microsoft certification webpages for it. If you are smart enough to
    pass an exam, you should be able to find it on your own.

    When I got my first major certification, they gave me a year's subscription
    to TechNet and a lapel pin (which I later lost). I don't know if they do that
    anymore since when I got my MCSA earlier this year, all I got was a
    certificate.

    In regards to your exam sequence, the 70-228 exam expires on 29 March 2009.
    This is the SQL Server 2000 Admin exam. I would substitute the 70-431 (SQL
    Server 2005) exam instead. It will allow you to call yourself an MCTS:SQL
    Server 2005 as well. You might also wish to substitute 70-620 (Windows Vista)
    for 70-270 (Windows XP), depending on which OS you use the most. The 620 will
    give you a second MCTS and is perhaps the easiest exam Microsoft offers
    (unless they've toughened it up in the last year).

    In regards to being a "chick magnet," I cannot personally testify to that as
    I was married when I obtained my first certification. However, I am STILL
    married to the same beautiful woman after all these years and all these
    certifications, so perhaps there is some truth to what Kline is saying.

    Congratulations on passing the 70-290 and best wishes on your other exams.

    LarryWestMCSD, Dec 11, 2008
  4. Rodrigo

    Rodrigo Guest

    Larry, thanks a lot for your answer...