MCP secured site access

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by ed, Jul 5, 2003.

  1. ed

    ed Guest

    (pre-note: hope it's OK to post this here)

    I am starting to get really pissed off.

    I want to log in to the MCP secured site. I need a .NET
    Passport account. So I got one. Then I sign in. Since it's
    the first time, I only need my MCP ID (which I have - I'm
    a bloody MCSA for God's sake!) and a Program Registration
    Password. Where the hell do I get it from? E-mail? I
    received an e-mail, but it didn't contain any password!! I
    know what you're thinking: "try the help button on the
    bottom of the login page". Sure, but there's a glitch: on
    the first page, even though I'm sure the info I type is
    correct, they tell me there's an error so they can't
    procede with the migration process. Can someone PLEASE
    help me out before I go COMPLETELY insane and smash
    everything?
    Oh, and my MCP Welcome Kit doesn't have any password in it
    either.

    Thanks,

    Ed,
    A+, Network+, MCSA

    ed, Jul 5, 2003

  2. ed

    Beoweolf Guest

    Somebody just may need a Nap! There are alternatives to blind frustration.
    Think it through.

    For questions about the Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) program in
    the United States or Canada, please call toll free 1-800-636-7544.

    For questions about the Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) program in the
    United States or Canada, please call toll free 1-888-456-7077.

    For questions about the Microsoft Certified Technical Education Center
    (CTEC) program in the United States or Canada, please call toll free
    1-800-688-0496.

    If you can't use the "help" button, why not try email contact or the 1-800
    number, if there is one...I haven't had this problem, at least not in a long
    while.

    Beoweolf, Jul 5, 2003

  3. ed

    Paul Hanlon Guest

    Ed,

    Hate to say it but your password should have been mailed
    to you the day (near enough) that you became an MCP. But
    yeah as BeoWeolf said try the support numbers for your
    local region, it can't be too much trouble for them to
    send you one out again

    Paul Hanlon CCNA, MCSA

    Paul Hanlon, Jul 7, 2003
  4. ed

    Ed Guest

    Thanks folks for your posts. I decided to send an e-mail
    to and everything has been sorted
    out.

    Ed,
    A+, Network+, MCSA, MCSE

    Ed, Jul 25, 2003
  5. ed

    Steev Guest

    Hi, my names Steev. I'm sorry I don't know the answer to
    your question but I was wondering if you could help me.

    I took my 070-210 MCP about 2 months ago, I still haven't
    recieved my welcome pack.

    You mention in your post that you have one.

    How did you get it? Did they just send it to you or did
    you have to register for it at some elusive web site that
    I can't find.

    I took my exam with Prometric test centres

    Please reply if you can help or know if they're just
    really slow and I should be more patient.

    Thanks.

    Steev.

    Steev, Aug 20, 2003
  6. You should have received an email with the following instructions on how to
    order your welcome kit.

    1. Log on with your .NET Passport to the MCP secure website.
    2. Select Welcome Kits from the Program Benefits menu.
    3. Check your shipping address carefully. If you need to make changes to
    your shipping address, click to the Profile Editor.
    4. After making changes (if applicable), return to the Welcome Kits page and
    submit the form.

    You will receive your Welcome Kit within four-to-six weeks of verifying and
    submitting your correct shipping address. Welcome Kits will not be shipped
    without a confirmed address.

    --
    Tom Helms [MSFT]

    newsgroup purposes only."

    Tom Helms [MSFT], Aug 20, 2003
  7. ed

    Meo

    Joined:
    Mar 29, 2007
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    MCP login access

    Guys I need help.

    I need to update my profile on the MCP Site!!!! and i cant seems to find the site!!!

    Please can someone help me pointing me to the right address?

    this is the site that i have been accessing

    http://www.microsoft.com/mcp

    And this site is not giving me what i wanted.....

    Help...

    Meo, Mar 29, 2007