    N+
    SEO Analyst

    please viewmy profie for contact details:

    Guest, Jul 25, 2005

  2. Guest

    zenner Guest

    Don't hire them.

    zenner, Jul 26, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Don't hire them? I don't believe I asked whether or no to hire them. I just
    need to know how to find out if they are who they say they are.
    --
    ATT: Employers

    With over 9 years of technical experience in the computer industry I am
    confident I can meet your employment needs.
    A+
    MCSE
    N+
    SEO Analyst
    View my profile for contact details:

    Guest, Jul 26, 2005
  4. Guest

    catwalker63 Guest

    Without the MCP ID, you're SOL.

    --
    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet

    catwalker63, Jul 26, 2005
  5. Guest

    zenner Guest

    But isn't that the point? If you have a legitimate reason to ask for the
    information, it is in his best interest to provide it. If you are just
    asking based on some personal inquisition, sense of entitlement or otherwise
    don't have a "need to know", he has no obligation to provide the information
    and apparently, was prudent enough to exercise his choice. I hate
    pretenders, probably more than you. But I don't see where he owes you any
    proof based on what you have revealed so far.

    Good luck finding a covert way to confirm your suspicions, for whatever
    reason you have.

    So far it seems like you are getting a lot of help from the rest of the NG,
    wish I could have been more helpful.

    zenner, Jul 26, 2005
  6. Guest

    Guest Guest

    There are other reasons other than hiring, for example, this person may have
    done some work for someone I know, and totally screwed them over. This
    persons advertizes in the local paper that they are MCSE. Would be nice to
    know if a little false advertisement is going on.

    Anyway, thanks for the replies. You would think there would be some way to
    find out.

    Guest, Jul 26, 2005
  7. Guest

    Neil Guest

    no, you could have them give you a transcript sharing code (which does
    not show the MCP ID)

    Neil, Jul 26, 2005
  8. Guest

    catwalker63 Guest

    I did not know that but I just checked it out and you are correct.
    However, if the guy won't give out his MCP ID and is obviously in
    competition with the OP, how likely is he to give him the transcript
    sharing code and access code? <eg>

    catwalker63, Jul 26, 2005
  9. Guest

    Neil Simpson Guest

    If you found out they were not an MCSE, what would you then do?

    Neil Simpson, Jul 26, 2005
  10. Guest

    Neil Guest

    some folks wont give out thier MCP ID. They see it as a privacy/ID Theft
    issue. The transcript sharing do-hicky was a good cure for those people.
    If they wont give you a transcript sharing code however, they're lyin' to
    ya'

    :)

    Neil, Jul 26, 2005
  11. Guest

    Zed Guest

    You're being a very cagey individual. I can imagine why this guy won't give
    you the information you're after.

    Have you staked out his place and gone through his garbage? You could hire a
    PI? Hire a hooker, take photos and do the old blackmail trick? Why am I even
    writting this stupid answer...

    Zed, Jul 26, 2005
  12. Guest

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, =?Utf-8?B?c2xhdHM=?= spewed across
    the ether:
    There is. If you have a legitimate need to know. Unfortunately, it is up to
    the discretion of the holder to give you the access. Any employer that
    hired this person without verifying skills first...well...caveat emptor.

    JaR, Jul 26, 2005
  13. Guest

    Beoweolf Guest

    Recall how...indignant?...the OP was in saying

    "Don't hire them? I don't believe I asked whether or no to hire them. I just
    need to know how to find out if they are who they say they are."

    Strange...seems like somebody hired him? That person as the right to ask for
    qualifications. Seems I remember this same question came up a few weeks ago?
    yes, someone is going where no man has gone before...seeking to discredit a
    competitor? What ever the reason, I get the distinct aroma of 3 day old
    fish!

    Beoweolf, Jul 26, 2005
  14. Guest

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Beoweolf spewed across the ether:
    And a couple days before that...and a week before that...and two days
    before that...

    In fact, it seems to get asked in here about once a week or so.

    JaR, Jul 26, 2005
  15. Guest

    Kline Sphere Guest

    Any employer that
    Even if they had big hooters instead?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Jul 26, 2005
  16. Guest

    Kline Sphere Guest

    In fact, it seems to get asked in here about once a week or so.

    What, you mean asked as many times as 'pls b give me FREE ebooks',
    getaway you fool :)

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Jul 26, 2005
  17. Guest

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Kline Sphere spewed across the ether:
    There's always an..er...position for someone with those quals.

    JaR, Jul 26, 2005
  18. Guest

    Briscobar Guest

    ....and *now* we're officially talking about something else altogether.

    --
    KB "doggy thug"

    MCNGP #26
    nerd32768 vowed to kill my family if I didn't add a link to
    www.mcngp.com to my signature.

    Briscobar, Jul 26, 2005
  19. Guest

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Briscobar spewed across the ether:
    Yes we are! How the heck could a thread about verifying MCSE devolve into
    nocurnal raptors being used for rodent control in the server room?

    How odd indeed.

    JaR, Jul 26, 2005
  20. Guest

    catwalker63 Guest