    ..NET 2.0 programmer for a while now.

    Kindly help me out here someone,

    Thanks

    Razor, Jun 21, 2007

  2. Razor:
    Having 70-431 used to be a requirement for the MCITP exams, but they removed
    that requirement for some reason a few months back.

    That is probably the reason you've been seeing conflicting statements on the
    matter.

    That being said, 70-431 was somewhat easy for me (and like you, 90% of my
    experience with SQL Server is as a back-end to my client programs), and if
    it's not easy for you I wouldn't even try for 70-445 or 70-446.

    The KNOWLEDGE behind 70-431 would be a requirement for the Business
    Intelligence exams, even if the exam itself isn't.

    Remember that when the exam creators created the two exams, 70-431 was still
    a requirement, so they probably assumed that a taker of the MCITP exams had
    already demonstrated their experience of MTCS: SQL Server.

    In other words, even if you decide to start with 70-445, you should still
    look at the "Skills being measured" for 70-431, as it will be assumed by the
    exam creators that you already know everything there.

    Hope this helps.

    LarryWestMCSD, Jun 21, 2007

  3. And if you test with VUE (vue.com) and you use the discount code
    MSUU7C1E9359 you will save 20% off each MCP exam you take....

    Good luck

    --
    ..rev

    accepting it"
    ~Aristotle
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Jun 23, 2007
  4. Razor

    mrdenny Guest

    When I took 70-445 I don't remember much information from the MCTS: SQL
    Server 2005 Exam on it. I do remember that the 70-445 was very tough. I
    found it harder that 70-446. In fact I didn't pass 445 the first time that I
    took it (I haven't retaken it yet), while I did pass 70-446.

    Several others whom I have spoken with also did not pass 445 while they did
    pass 446. So study hard, and good luck.
    --
    Denny
    MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)

    mrdenny, Jun 25, 2007
  5. Razor

    Harry Guest

    MrDenny,

    Just wondering, what material (books / notes) you used for your 70-446 exam?

    Thanks,
    Haider

    Harry, Aug 20, 2007
  6. Razor

    mrdenny Guest

    Back when I took the exam there was no study material avaialble.

    mrdenny, Aug 21, 2007
  7. Razor

    Reeves Guest

    Denny,

    I just took the 70-445 test and just barely passed and now I'm a little
    scared to take the 70-446. Did you find the 70-446 easier? Wonder if I
    should just keep pluggin' along, as I studied a ton and was a little bummed
    to just barely passed and I mean barely.

    I found the 70-445 test really hard.

    Thanks
    Reeves

    Reeves, Sep 7, 2007
  8. Razor

    mrdenny Guest

    I am several of the others on the site found that the 70-446 exam eas easier
    than the 70-445 exam. However your milage may very.

    Congrats on passing 70-445.

    mrdenny, Sep 7, 2007
  9. Razor

    Reeves Guest

    Thanks for the note on 70-446 not being harder then 70-445 as I took 70-446
    yesterday and I agree it was easier then 70-445.

    Done, Done and done.

    Thanks for the advice.

    Reeves

    Reeves, Sep 16, 2007
  10. Razor

    adaher007 Guest

    Hello All -
    I am getting ready to prepare for 70-446. Can you recommend a study list. I
    have found the MS Self-paced kit for 70-445 to be very helpful, but
    unfortunatelym they do not have the same for 70-446. A study list would be
    greatly appreciated. :)

    Cheers

    adaher007, Dec 11, 2007