    be used as an elective.

    Someone please tell me if I am readying this correctly since only taking 1
    more exam to become an MCSA seems sort of...well....simple. Thanks!

    Joe Gigliotti, Jul 12, 2006

  2. Joe Gigliotti

    Dennis Guest

    From what I understand from the Microsoft website and from contacting them
    about a similar issue, to get your MCDST you need to pass 70-271 and 70-272.

    For MCSA you need 70-270, 70-290, 70-291 plus one elective which include:
    089, 227, 228, 284, 299, 350, or 431.

    Hope that helps

    Dennis, Jul 12, 2006

  3. Joe Gigliotti

    Marek Chmel Guest

    Instead of elective you can use MSDST, A+, Network+, Server+ or
    Security+ as it is written on MS web.

    Marek

    Marek Chmel, Jul 12, 2006
  4. Joe Gigliotti

    AJR Guest

    Dennis is corrected - 70-270 is also required in addition to 70-290 and
    7-291. The exam 70-272 -"Supporting Users....on a Microsoft Windows XP OS"
    from MCDST does not substitute for 70-270 "Installing, Configuring...XP
    Professional" - MCSA..

    AJR, Jul 12, 2006
  5. Joe Gigliotti

    Garth H Guest

    You're spot on.

    According to the requirements page

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/windows2003/

    MCDST counts as an elective.

    That said, don't think for one second that it is an "easy" cert. Even if
    you think 70-290 is "easy", 70-291 will still be a challenge as it
    really forces you to think about networking the Microsoft Way, versus
    networking in most production environments.

    Good Luck!!

    Garth H, Jul 12, 2006
  6. Joe Gigliotti

    Dennis Guest

    The worst part is that I found 290 harder than 291... I guess after failing
    290 a few times I realized I better know my crap before going into the
    exam... God bless the Second Shot free.

    Dennis, Jul 13, 2006
  7. You need to take 70-272 and 70-291. Good Luck!

    Adrian Mereanu, Jul 14, 2006
  8. Joe Gigliotti

    Garth H Guest

    Did you use and exam sims to see if you were ready, or did you just go
    in thinking you were good to go?

    Garth H, Jul 15, 2006