    reset to 200.

    Thanks in advance for all suggestions.

    Paul

    Atlas Shrugged, May 1, 2005

  2. Atlas Shrugged

    °Mike° Guest

    No. Spamkiller acts as a local proxy (port 200) for the POP (110) port -- OE
    won't be able to POP mail from port 200 directly.

    °Mike°, May 1, 2005

  3. Hi Paul,
    See if anyone is using Spamkiller,
    here: http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/index.php
    Good Luck, [email protected]

    [email protected], May 1, 2005
  4. OE gets its mail from Spamkiller which acts as a server. Spamkiller
    downloads the mail from the ISP and stores it in a folder on the harddrive.
    So if Spamkiller is getting the email while using 200, will OE connect to
    Spamkiller at port 200? Maybe I'll just try it the next time Spamkiller
    changes the port number.

    Atlas Shrugged, May 2, 2005
  5. Atlas Shrugged

    °Mike° Guest

    In <>,
    Atlas Shrugged took 40 lines to utter:

    That's a good idea.

    °Mike°, May 2, 2005
  6. Spamkiller changed the Email POP3 incoming mail port to 200 again. It seems
    like every Saturday it changes it back to 200 from 110. I went into Outlook
    Express and changed the port from 110 to 200. All the mail downloads from
    Spamkiller now with no problem. I had to change it on all the accounts. So
    I'll leave it like this and hopefully, everything will work fine.

    Atlas Shrugged, May 8, 2005
  7. Atlas Shrugged

    dwacon Guest

    I was an early fan of Spamkiller but eventually dumped it for SpamPal...
    cheaper and IME better.

    dwacon, May 9, 2005