    Lloyd Jones Guest

    Go and get laid.

    LJ

    Lloyd Jones, Oct 6, 2004

  2. Warren Barr

    Matt Pascoe Guest

    Im not going to say something different to make it look like I know what im
    saying, Norton is the better.

    Matt Pascoe, Oct 6, 2004

  3. Warren Barr

    Apollo Guest

    Now it looks like you don't know what you're saying ;o)

    Apollo, Oct 6, 2004
  4. Warren Barr

    Matt Pascoe Guest

    I thought the same when I read your reply to mine.

    Apollo knows more about computers than he knows about boxing large Russians
    :-$

    Matt Pascoe, Oct 7, 2004
  5. Warren Barr

    WebWalker Guest

    Norton.
    No particular reason just because I been using it from years since the
    dos era.

    WebWalker, Oct 7, 2004
  6. Warren Barr

    Apollo Guest

    LOL

    I do occasionally sell on ebay, but you're quite correct I have never
    had to package a large Russian ;o)

    Apollo, Oct 7, 2004
  7. Warren Barr

    heavenbound Guest

    I will chime in here with my opinion after reading a lot of peoples
    postings.

    I've tried norton internet security 2004 and 2003. I've tried mcafee
    internet security 6 and virus only program from mcafee internet security 6.
    I've tried mcafee virus 8 as well.

    I think norton stuff does bog down the pc, but not terribly like crazy tons.
    I do notice it and it sucks. This running on a high end pc. Mcafee does this
    way less then norton in my opinion. there are issues i have with mcafee
    making you install one patch at a time. install one update, reboot, install
    one update, reboot, and do this 3-5 times. norton does it all at once. i
    think i find mcafee virus app better then nortons in how hard it stresses
    the pc, it is better to me then norton when it comes to putting load on the
    pc.

    AVG the free edition is good too. I've tried it and well, there really is no
    need to spend $ on a virus app when there is the free AVG which does good
    too and also doesn't really put much stress on the pc i think.

    If I had to choose i might pick the free AVG over them all cus it's good and
    free. then mcafee if i wanted some features it has, but i don't think i
    care. currently i run mcafee virus app nly, from internet security 6. it's
    stupid how it pops up a window update thing in the bottem right of the sys
    tray and won't go away till you clcik a continue what i was doing link
    thing. it's STUPID. other then that it seems fine and i don't notice it.

    heavenbound, Oct 7, 2004
  8. Warren Barr

    Matt Pascoe Guest

    Matt Pascoe, Oct 7, 2004
  9. Warren Barr

    Matt Pascoe Guest

    Thinking is as far as it goes

    I think norton stuff does bog down the pc, but not terribly like crazy tons.

    Matt Pascoe, Oct 7, 2004
  10. Warren Barr

    Dennis Guest

    FWIW: I use Trend at home AND at the office... have ZERO complaints!
    http://www.antivirus.com

    --
    -Dennis
    -----------------------