    Warren Barr Guest

    Which is the best? I need to buy one this weekend.

    Warren

    Warren Barr, Oct 6, 2004

  2. Warren Barr

    Apollo Guest

    There are much better av packages around, I can recommend Kaspersky
    personal pro, or AVG free version, which IMHO out-perform both McAfee /
    Norton.

    Apollo, Oct 6, 2004

  3. Warren Barr

    Kenny Guest

    Friend of mine just paid £49.99 for McAfee Internet Security Suite. Despite
    the best efforts of myself and another friend, both of us reasonably PC
    savvy, we couldn't get the bloody thing to work and finished up putting in
    AVG free and Zone Alarm free. I personally use Norton Internet Security and
    am happy with it despite all the criticism Norton gets in these groups.

    Kenny, Oct 6, 2004
  4. Warren Barr

    bambam Guest

    bambam, Oct 6, 2004
  5. Warren Barr

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    I use NIS 2004 and if anyone here thinks it's crap I give you permission to
    hack in to my, either put-up or shut up.

    LJ

    Lloyd Jones, Oct 6, 2004
  6. Warren Barr

    Wizard Guest

    Both are good but Norton's TSR has a tendency to conflict with a lot of
    software where I have never seen Mcafee conflict with anything. Beware
    of Nortons Internet security stuff, if you ever change your network
    setup you will have a nightmare on your hands.

    Wizard, Oct 6, 2004
  7. Warren Barr

    Thor Guest

    Neither, IMHO. Get Etrust EZ-Antivirus, from www.CA.com or Get the free
    Avast! home user version Antivirus from www.avast.com. Neither of these two
    clog up your computer with massive bloatware that Norton and Mcafee have
    become.

    Thor, Oct 6, 2004
  8. Warren Barr

    Thor Guest

    Whether it's hackable isn't the issue. It's crap because it's bloatware, and
    it's like dropping a 500 pound weight on your computer once installed. The
    shit is almost as bad as some spyware when it comes to the typical
    performance hit.

    Thor, Oct 6, 2004
  9. Warren Barr

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    Works great for me and many, many millions other of customers.

    It's a good and stable firewall, doesn't really matter what you think but I
    thought you would add your two cents.

    LJ

    Lloyd Jones, Oct 6, 2004
  10. Warren Barr

    Thor Guest

    If you were a technician who works on many different computers, you would
    most likely think otherwise after dealing with the messes these Norton
    suites routinely cause.

    Thor, Oct 6, 2004
  11. Warren Barr

    Wizard Guest

    I concur .... nasty nasty nasty piece of software Norton.

    Wizard, Oct 6, 2004
  12. Warren Barr

    Thor Guest

    Just removed Norton System Works from a customer PC last night. They had
    some minor spyware problems, and the fine, ignorant people from OfficeMax
    recommended that they install NSW. Well they had an HP 1.8Ghz Athlon PC,
    running XP Home, but being one of those bargain basement off-the-shelf
    models, it only had 128MB of RAM and the video was eating 8MB of that. So
    you can imagine that it didn't run very well even in the best case scenario.
    Once they put NSW on the thing, it practically brought it to a screeching
    halt. It went from being annoyingly slow, to virtually unusable. Even though
    it didn't really have enough memory, it only serves to illustrate the huge
    overhead Norton puts on a PC these days. An antivirus program shouldn't be
    that burdensome. They are getting a memory upgrade to 384MB as soon as the
    module from Crucial arrives, but they aren't putting NSW back on that
    machine after seeing just how much of a load(of crap) it really is. I put
    Avast on it, and you could barely notice a difference in performance with,
    or without it, even at 128MB. Why the hell Norton needs to be so bloated and
    burdensome, escapes me. Other antivirus programs have amply demonstrated
    that an AV program need not be such a big drain on system performance to do
    the job of protecting against viruses worms and trojans.

    Thor, Oct 6, 2004
  13. Warren Barr

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    I've been using NIS for a while and haven't had 1 problem what so ever,
    before I installed SP2 you was warning everyone don't do it, haven't had any
    problems with that either.

    LJ

    Lloyd Jones, Oct 6, 2004
  14. Warren Barr

    Trent© Guest

    Norton.

    I get more new customers because of Norton than McAfee.

    Have a nice one...

    Trent

    Trent©, Oct 6, 2004
  15. Warren Barr

    Trent© Guest

    I *LOVE* Norton!!!

    Between Norton and XP SP2, I should be in business for a LONG time.

    Things have really been hectic the last coupla months. lol

    Have a nice one...

    Trent

    Trent©, Oct 6, 2004
  16. Warren Barr

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    Yes you did warn people not to install it. But at least I've give you
    something to ramble 3 pages about again.

    See I did exaggerate then. (It was 2 pages:)

    Still haven't had any problems with SP2 Though.

    LJ

    Lloyd Jones, Oct 6, 2004
  17. Warren Barr

    Thor Guest

    Care to back up that statement with proof? Go right ahead, I'm waiting.

    Thor, Oct 6, 2004
  18. Warren Barr

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    "I merely suggested that it is prudent and sensible to wait at least a
    couple
    weeks and see what kinds of problems it causes"

    That isn't encouraging people to install SP2 now is it.

    LJ

    Lloyd Jones, Oct 6, 2004
  19. Warren Barr

    Thor Guest

    LOL! Suggesting a bit of a precautionary wait and outright recommending that
    no one install it, period, are two totally different things, Dumbass. And it
    was in reply to your idiotic and shortsighted posts, not someone else who
    hadn't yet installed SP2. Evidently your narrow mind cannot encompass the
    difference.

    Thor, Oct 6, 2004
  20. Warren Barr

    Plato Guest