    Gunderloy - MCAD/MCSD Training Guide (70-305): Developing and Implementing Web Applications with Visual Basic.NET and Visual Studio.NET

    Gunderloy - MCAD/MCSD Training Guide (70-306): Developing and Implementing Windows-Based Applications with Visual Basic.NET and Visual Studio.NE

    Obviously Reisman has the advantage of only one book - do you really need the depth of two books?!

    jat, May 13, 2004

  2. jat

    Eric Guest

    Gunderloy has tons of step-by-step examples. If you follow along, you
    simply have to learn the material. At first, it helps if you do every
    example on the computer. Later, you'll start to get familier with it,
    and you can skip some examples - just reading them over will be good
    enough. But sometimes you'll reach harder sections, and you'll want to
    do them on the computer.

    The people who prefer the Reisman book are the ones who can pick up
    material quickly just by reading it. I seriously wish I were in this
    category, but I'm not :-(

    Eric

    Eric, May 14, 2004

  3. jat

    SJ Guest

    In my opinion, the Que books authored by Gunderloy are much better to
    prepare for the 305 and 306 tests.

    One book per exam, so yes, you'd do better with two books for two
    exams instead of just one.

    sj
    MCAD, MCSD (VB6 and .NET)
    www.certquest.net

    SJ, May 15, 2004
  4. jat

    Kel Good Guest

    The people who prefer the Reisman book are the ones who can pick up
    I used the Reisman book and the other Sybex books and found them pretty
    good. (Except for SQL Server - no choice there but to review BOL). There
    are quite a few hands on exercises there too.

    Kel Good, May 22, 2004