    Developer certifications.

    Someone with at least 5+ years exp. please help
    Thanks

    C. Hunter, Jan 19, 2006

  2. C. Hunter

    David Guest

    In my experience, you can have all the certs and degrees in the world, but if
    you can't prove what you claim to know in an interview, they won't give you
    the job just because you passed some tests.

    Having a degree and certs helps you get the interview, but it's up to you to
    after that. Some people ONLY want CS degrees, but you probably wouldn't want
    to work for someone that can't see the big picture.

    David, Jan 19, 2006

  3. C. Hunter

    Jim Berg Guest

    Hmmm... Let's see... Years of hard work learning about language, arts, math,
    science, etc. vs. taking 5 tests that you can study for a few weeks to get.
    What do you think? I don't have a degree and I've done pretty well as a
    developer, but I'm sure I could have done better with a degree.

    David's response is correct, though. There are people with degrees and/or
    certifications that I wouldn't let touch my computer. It's up to you to
    prove that you know what you're doing regardless of your educational
    background.

    Jim Berg, Jan 20, 2006