    learn the 2.0 framework better & studying 1.1 delays that. Any thoughts? -
    thanks in advance. I am not very far down any road at this point having only
    passed one test but did not want to throw away anything either.

    Guest, Mar 7, 2006

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    hi,
    i am badri. i say u r post. congrates for your success in 70-315. i
    have plan to write the same exam, so can you share how this exam was and can
    you tell some model of the test. thank you in advance

    Guest, Mar 13, 2006

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hey fellas,

    I was in the same boat. I passed 70-315 in late 2005. Shortly after that
    the new generation of exams started coming out. At that point I had to
    decide which route to go. Since my .Net v1.1 skills were definitely stronger
    than my 2.0 skills I decided to go ahead and finish the MCAD track and then
    cross over to MCPD using exam 70-551. I just passed 70-320 (easier than
    expected) the other day and I only lack 1 elective to get the MCAD.
    Microsoft just added 70-431 SQL 2005 to the elective list. So, I can
    complete the MCAD with this exam and also receive an MCTS-SQL Server. Then
    by taking the 70-551 MCP Upgrade, I will also receive an MCTS-Web.

    So, by taking only 4 exams, I can achieve 5 certifications. MCP, MCTS-SQL
    Server, MCAD, MCPD and MCTS-Web.

    70-315
    70-320
    70-431
    70-551

    I would definitely say go ahead and finish the MCAD using the 70-431 SQL
    Server 2005. It looks like the quickest and easiest way to get to an MCPD.

    Also, if you attended a launch for Visual Studio 2005, you should have
    received a testing voucher that will give you a free exam for either 70-431
    or 70-551.

    Guest, Apr 3, 2006