    do?
    (I have been preparing and taking courses for MCAD and MCSD for a long while)

    Any direction or help you can lend me would be great! Thank you.

    NeedHelpPlease, Feb 28, 2009

  2. Yes, the -3xx MCAD exams will expire on 3/31/2009. The 70-431, in accordance
    with the MCTS/MCITP policies, will be available for as long as the
    associated product (SQL Server 2005) is in Mainstream Support. (April,
    2011).

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/status/examstoretire.mspx
    Depends. Is there value to you to be certified on a .NET v1.1 development
    environment. Or do you think there would be more value to you to focus on
    the .NET 2.0 or .NET 3.x development environments -- and thus work on the
    MCTS/MCPD certification path, rather than the 28-days-from-retirement
    MCAD/MCPD path?
    The numbers 70-xxx are all =EXAM= numbers. To determine the appropriate
    coursework for those exams (Classroom, Self-Study, ELearning) refer to the
    appropriate Exam Objectives webpage, e.g.

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exams/70-536.aspx

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exams/70-528.aspx

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exams/70-526.aspx

    A very astute and observant conclusion.
    That's your decision -- but I think you've already answered your question.
    Why chase a bear that can run faster and farther than you can ever possibly
    do?
    This training is not lost, nor useless. A significant portion of the
    training you have done in the .NET v1.1 environment is directly applicable
    to the .NET 2.0 environment. You'll need to "forget" the things that were
    dropped from .NET v1.1, and you'll need to learn new things that were added
    in .NET 2.0 (e.g. ASP.NET was almost completely redesigned -- for the
    BETTER!)

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

    Lawrence Garvin \(MVP\), Mar 2, 2009