    corrected "distortions" where ever I place the points, even using my
    software on "auto".

    Anyone know where the point "should" be on max tele?

    Dane Brickman, Aug 14, 2003

  2. The nodal point is aproximately where it looks to be.
    This is not exactly true, but it is good enough.
    Look into the lens and rotate the camera. When the
    aperture (the small black hole in the middle) is
    not moving sideways, you are rotating around a point
    that is very near to the nodal point. (This point
    is called the entrance pupil.)

    There is another (more exact and cumbersome method).
    You can take a photo of a string, or thin bar, in front
    of something that has some texture. The distance
    to the string/bar shall be smaller than to the background.
    The string/bar shall not move relative to the background
    when the camera is turned around the nodal point.

    To be very exact, you should really determine the nodal
    point at a certain degree of rotation. I have never seen
    this recommended though. Might not be important in practice.

    To be exact you shall also correct the picture for distorsion
    before doing the stitching. This is probably neccessary
    if you use the wide angle position of your zoom.

    Roland

    Roland Karlsson, Aug 15, 2003

  3. Dane Brickman

    Tony Spadaro Guest