    it still stops with the Compaq Logo & at the bottom it says F1 Setup & F2
    Restore I did notice that if I remove the jumper it comes up & says invalid
    system disk

    Chris, Apr 24, 2004

  2. Chris

    ProfGene Guest

    Did you reset the jumpers on the old drive to make it a slave? If you are
    booting to your new drive you can temporarily put the old drive on the
    second ide connector. I don't know what kind of bios you have but make sure
    the boot is to the ide 0 and no boot to ide 1, in fact disable all other
    boots. Then it should have nothing to do with the old drive as it shouldn't
    try to boot to it and you should be able to boot up normally and copy data.
    The boot sequences are set in bios unless you have some proprietary bios
    that doesn't allow this.

    ProfGene, Apr 24, 2004