    Will my IDE cable from my current HD be sufficient or will i need a new one?
    (current = excelstor 30gig 5200)
    The new is a Maxtor Diamondplus 9 7200 ata -133 80gb

    Isildur, Oct 16, 2003

  2. Isildur

    derek / nul Guest

    The old cable will be 'sufficient' but a new cable will enable it to run faster.

    Derek

    derek / nul, Oct 16, 2003

  3. Isildur

    Thor Guest

    Thor, Oct 16, 2003
  4. Isildur

    Isildur Guest

    Isildur, Oct 16, 2003
  5. Isildur

    V W Wall Guest

    80 conductor cables use pin 34 to signal their presence to drives that require
    them for ATA66 and up. Some cables are advertized for ATA133, but there is no
    difference in any 80 conductor cables. There is no drive made doday that can
    fully use an ATA133 channel.

    Virg Wall

    V W Wall, Oct 16, 2003