    write speed?

    Cheers

    -Gaiko

    gaikokujinkyofusho, Jul 27, 2006

  2. gaikokujinkyofusho

    ASAAR Guest

    According to dpreview.com:
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canonsd700is/page10.asp

    This is the same as about 3.29 MB/sec. While the testing was done
    with an Extreme III card, I believe that the Ultra II would be
    adequate, but just barely, meaning it might be a tiny bit slower,
    but you'd be hard pressed to notice any improvement using the
    Extreme III. But if the Extreme III isn't too much more expensive
    than the Ultra II it might be worth getting, if only so it'll be up
    to speed for your next, presumably faster camera. I think that the
    Extreme III also includes some file recovery software but that
    shouldn't boost the value very much, since similar free software is
    available for download. This SD700 review didn't have very much
    information about card speeds, but the Nikon D200 review had some
    useful data. Note the last line giving the Ultra II JPEG write
    speed, which is only about 2% slower than the SD700 wrote to the
    Sandisk Extreme III card:
    But take everything said so far with a grain of salt. Only by
    having someone compare the SD700 with those two cards will you
    really know if the Ultra II would or wouldn't slow down the SD700.
    You can be pretty certain of one thing though, that the Extreme III
    wildly exceeds the SD700's needs. :)

    ASAAR, Jul 27, 2006

  3. Thank you for info (and about dpreview, nice site). I was mainly
    interested in the Ultra because of the Ultra Plus, that can convert and
    be plugged directly into a USB slot, very handy.

    Thanks again,

    -Gaiko

    gaikokujinkyofusho, Jul 28, 2006
  4. gaikokujinkyofusho

    ASAAR Guest

    You're welcome.

    ASAAR, Jul 28, 2006
  5. gaikokujinkyofusho

    bitwisebob Guest

    I put a Transcend 4gb SD into my PowershotS3IS, and it works great,
    tons of room, a fast card, and cost only $99 from Newegg, less after
    the rebate I'm still waiting on. Check them out, should work well in
    the SD700IS.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820163159
    Transcend Ultra Speed 4GB Secure Digital (SD) TS4GSD150 - Retail
    Weekend Sale
    $90.99 ($60.99 after $30.00 Mail-In Rebate) $4.99 Three Day Shipping

    take a look

    bitwisebob, Jul 29, 2006