    I haven't had the usual Max Newman messages for some time.
    Is it my computer, or has xtra stopped them please?

    Geopelia

    Geopelia, Sep 6, 2007

  2. Geopelia

    Donchano Guest

    On Fri, 7 Sep 2007 10:32:30 +1200, "Geopelia" <>
    magnanimously proffered:

    >I haven't had the usual Max Newman messages for some time.
    >Is it my computer, or has xtra stopped them please?
    >
    >Geopelia

    Funny ... I was just wondering about that a couple of days ago. I
    wonder if Max has got the chop as part of Xtra's ongoing effort to
    "improve" service to customers?

    Donchano, Sep 7, 2007

  3. Geopelia

    Cima Guest

    On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 11:00:54 +1200, Donchano <>
    wrote:

    >On Fri, 7 Sep 2007 10:32:30 +1200, "Geopelia" <>
    >magnanimously proffered:
    >
    >>I haven't had the usual Max Newman messages for some time.
    >>Is it my computer, or has xtra stopped them please?
    >>
    >>Geopelia

    >Funny ... I was just wondering about that a couple of days ago. I
    >wonder if Max has got the chop as part of Xtra's ongoing effort to
    >"improve" service to customers?

    They're probably in spam folders in the Webmail. That would be too funny!

    Cima, Sep 7, 2007
  4. Geopelia

    Donchano Guest

    On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 11:32:58 +1200, Cima <> magnanimously
    proffered:

    >On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 11:00:54 +1200, Donchano <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>On Fri, 7 Sep 2007 10:32:30 +1200, "Geopelia" <>
    >>magnanimously proffered:
    >>
    >>>I haven't had the usual Max Newman messages for some time.
    >>>Is it my computer, or has xtra stopped them please?
    >>>
    >>>Geopelia

    >>Funny ... I was just wondering about that a couple of days ago. I
    >>wonder if Max has got the chop as part of Xtra's ongoing effort to
    >>"improve" service to customers?

    >They're probably in spam folders in the Webmail. That would be too funny!

    That's where I found my "Welcome to Yahoo-Xtra Bubble" email. So
    anything's possible ...

    Donchano, Sep 7, 2007
  5. Geopelia

    John Guest

    "Geopelia" <> wrote in message
    >I haven't had the usual Max Newman messages for some time.
    > Is it my computer, or has xtra stopped them please?
    >
    > Geopelia

    Do you actually miss them. They are just advertising.

    John, Sep 7, 2007
  6. Geopelia

    ~misfit~ Guest

    John wrote:
    > "Geopelia" <> wrote in message
    > > I haven't had the usual Max Newman messages for some time.
    > > Is it my computer, or has xtra stopped them please?
    > >
    > > Geopelia
    > >

    > Do you actually miss them. They are just advertising.

    After a while, when I was with Xtra, I just deleted them unread.
    --
    TTFN.

    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Sep 7, 2007
  7. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    > John wrote:
    >> "Geopelia" <> wrote in message
    >> > I haven't had the usual Max Newman messages for some time.
    >> > Is it my computer, or has xtra stopped them please?
    >> >
    >> > Geopelia
    >> >

    >> Do you actually miss them. They are just advertising.

    > After a while, when I was with Xtra, I just deleted them unread.
    > --
    > TTFN.
    >
    > Shaun.

    I found them very interesting, always something new.

    Geopelia

    Geopelia, Sep 7, 2007
  8. Geopelia

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Geopelia wrote:
    > "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    > > John wrote:
    > > > "Geopelia" <> wrote in message

    > > > Do you actually miss them. They are just advertising.

    > > After a while, when I was with Xtra, I just deleted them unread.
    > > --
    > > TTFN.
    > >
    > > Shaun.
    > >

    > I found them very interesting, always something new.

    I find that there is so much out there on the interweb that I want to read
    but don't have the time to read already. I have to keep deleting bookmarks
    that I've made in my "When I get around to it" folder all the time. I found
    Max's stuff to be rather, ummm, less urgent and compelling than the links
    I'd already gathered from other sources. Although, that said, there were one
    or two that I did look at from time to time.

    Cheers,
    --
    TTFN.

    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Sep 7, 2007
  9. Geopelia

    Donchano Guest

    On Fri, 7 Sep 2007 16:00:35 +1200, "Geopelia" <>
    magnanimously proffered:

    >"~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    >> John wrote:
    >>> "Geopelia" <> wrote in message

    >>> Do you actually miss them. They are just advertising.

    >> After a while, when I was with Xtra, I just deleted them unread.
    >> --
    >> TTFN.
    >>
    >> Shaun.
    >>

    >I found them very interesting, always something new.

    I usually found something new and worth following up on whenever I
    read Max's newsletter. But I thought the content and readability went
    downhill when Xtra changed the format. As usual, Xtra got it wrong.
    Idiots!

    Donchano, Sep 7, 2007
  10. Geopelia

    BTMO Guest

    "~misfit~" <> wrote

    >> Do you actually miss them. They are just advertising.

    > After a while, when I was with Xtra, I just deleted them unread.

    When I was with Xtra, I marked them as spam...

    :-D

    BTMO, Sep 7, 2007
  11. Geopelia

    Murray Guest

    "Geopelia" <> wrote in message
    > I haven't had the usual Max Newman messages for some time.
    > Is it my computer, or has xtra stopped them please?
    >
    > Geopelia

    I suspect that the reason for the messages stopping has something to do with
    the Anti-Spam legislation that came into force on September 5.

    Murray, Sep 7, 2007
  12. Geopelia

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Fri, 7 Sep 2007 10:32:30 +1200, in message <fbpv53$br9$>,
    Geopelia wrote:

    > I haven't had the usual Max Newman messages for some time.
    > Is it my computer, or has xtra stopped them please?
    >
    > Geopelia

    The last one which I received was nearly 5 months ago, on Sunday 15 April 2007.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    Ralph Fox, Sep 7, 2007
  13. Geopelia

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 21:55:09 +0000, in message <>,
    Ralph Fox wrote:

    > The last one which I received was nearly 5 months ago, on Sunday 15 April 2007.

    The last one posted on Xtra's website is dated 5th November 2006.

    See http://xtra.co.nz/cool and read the title bar, not the date
    inside the page which will always show today's date.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    Ralph Fox, Sep 7, 2007