    than somewhere else if they offer it on special and when demand is the
    highest this means a lot of sales, my local Warehouse sold out of the lotr
    dvd very quickly.

    thefly, Oct 13, 2003

  2. thefly

    XPD Guest

    Gameplanet did have it on pre-order for $29.95 but looks like theyve put the
    price up now since its actually out... $36.99

    XPD, Oct 13, 2003

  3. I bought it from the Warehouse this morning @ $39.95(Dunedin)

    Russell

    Russell Smithies, Oct 13, 2003
  4. thefly

    thefly Guest

    Damn, missed out there then. Hmmm I wonder if I should wait, you never know
    but normally discounts on dvd's are few and far between so probably not like
    to get much better than $39.95 now which seems a lot for a non-special
    edition dvd, the extra's look crap on this dvd, you are really only getting
    the movie for this price, if it was an se with good extras then I would feel
    better about the price, I had hoped this dvd would be released at $29.95.

    thefly, Oct 13, 2003
  5. thefly

    jedmesiter Guest

    It was a boring movie anyway, only good thing is the special effects...they
    should sell for $10.

    jedmesiter, Oct 13, 2003
  6. That sounds like major flamebait to me. Like to see you make a better movie
    :)

    lostforwords.org, Oct 13, 2003
  7. thefly

    thefly Guest

    Some special effects were good but a lot were crap, there were many effects
    that are better done with non-cgi techniques but it seems these days we just
    get more and more cgi no matter how unreal it looks, it seems very ironic
    that in many ways the ability of special effects to look realistic has gone
    backwards in the last 10 years, I've seen movies from 20 years ago with
    better special effects, cgi looks totally crap alongside good model work
    but unfortunately cgi looks like it has taken over for good. Just so I am
    not misunderstood, I think cgi is awesome when used to portray things that
    cannot be betrayed better by other means, it is a great supplement to other
    techniques but where it has gone awfully wrong is in it's use where it is
    clearly not up to the task. I pine for the day's when you looked at
    amazement when you looked a spacecraft etc.. on the movie screen that looked
    as if they really existed and had just been filmed, there is absolutely no
    suspension of belief with today's cgi effects. I guess today's teenagers
    would be none the wiser though as they have grown up with these effects and
    to them they are seeing better and better effects all the time as cgi gets
    better, never realising that some special effects use to look real rather
    than just an improved version of their computer game graphics.
    Now look you have made me rant.

    thefly, Oct 13, 2003
  8. thefly

    T.N.O. Guest

    movie

    I tend to agree with him on that, I found it boring, but the third one is
    meant to be better...

    For a better movie on a smaller budget, try www.fanimatrix.com or similar...
    kinda cool for a no-budget movie.

    T.N.O., Oct 13, 2003
  9. thefly

    Andrew Guest

    Dude.. its $7 bux..... if you want it, Get it

    Andrew, Oct 13, 2003
  10. thefly

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    Yeah, saw that on TV1 news a while back but they didn't tell you where to
    download it so I emailed them using their mail form on NZoom and I got a
    reply to say it (the mailto) had bounced..... so much for the charter ....
    and the fact that I had the spelling wrong (I though the news reader said
    FanAmatrix) didn't help either when it came to google .... happened to get
    the right spelling in the end and downloaded it. Never did hear back from
    TV1 but then thats not suprising ....

    "The original message was received at Thu, 2 Oct 2003 19:03:57 +1200
    from localhost [127.0.0.1]

    <>
    (reason: 550 Host unknown)

    550 5.1.2 <>... Host unknown (Name server:
    tvnz.cvo.nz: host not found)"

    Well what you know the host wasn't found...... what if I found *changed*
    it myself.....

    Chris Mayhew, Oct 14, 2003
  11. thefly

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    *snip*

    Actually I got this email first from

    "Thank you for your feedback that will be noted and forwarded to
    the relevant departments for their attention.

    If your email is an enquiry, TVNZ Communications will contact you
    soon."

    Chris Mayhew, Oct 14, 2003
  12. thefly

    Tim Guest

    Off topic a little but has anyone seen the bittorrent downloads for Matrix
    Revolutions. WTF is with that, didn't really want to download a 700mb file
    to find it was garbage but it peaked my interest a little bit...

    any word?

    Tim, Oct 14, 2003
  13. thefly

    Carl Elphick Guest

    Whitcoulls in courtney central in wellington are selling it for $34.95,
    around the corner at the CD Store its $39.95

    Carl Elphick, Oct 14, 2003
  14. thefly

    KS Guest

    Yeah, saw that on TV1 news a while back but they didn't tell you
    Ahh, should've been watching TV3's Nightline. They had the story a day
    earlier (as usual), and that Carolyn Robinson - mmmmmmmmmmmm :)

    KS, Oct 14, 2003
  15. thefly

    EAgle Guest

    Got a flyer from Warehouse today saying its on special for $32 .. bought my
    copy from Whitcoulls for $35 ....

    EAgle, Oct 14, 2003
  16. thefly

    EAgle Guest

    It was boring to those that didn't care about the storyline.. for those that
    just went to a movie to watch effects.. for those of us that followed the
    storyline deeply it was a very good movie.. revealed a lot of the backline
    story and answered a lot of questions (bet you thought that the chat with
    the architect was the most boring bit of the movie.. when it was infact the
    most important)

    EAgle

    EAgle, Oct 14, 2003
  17. Suddenly, EAgle sprang forth and uttered these pithy words:
    Obviously it was the most important, indeed one of the few parts of the
    film that actually had any purpose, but it was delivered in a hugely
    pretentious speech for no apparent reason, and somehow failed to
    impress. Thinking back, the ideas are quite nifty but it didn't work in
    the movie, IMHO.

    Aaron Lawrence, Oct 14, 2003
  18. thefly

    SNOman Guest

    Couldn't agree more. The Architect scene was very very thought provoking!

    SNOman, Oct 14, 2003
  19. thefly

    thefly Guest

    Damn, too late for me, I already paid $39.95, oh well at least I don't
    usually pay anywhere near full price, once in a while is not so bad.

    thefly, Oct 14, 2003
  20. thefly

    thefly Guest

    I rang The Warehouse Tuesday and they said it was $39.95, have not received
    a flyer in the mail yet so when is this price valid from?

    thefly, Oct 14, 2003