    So watchess in Dobly 5.1 and still greateer sound exp, but some flat level
    of LFE .1 channesl ...

    Allan

    Allan H-E, Oct 15, 2003

  2. Allan H-E

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    Warner Bros. doesn't do DTS.

    Joshua Zyber, Oct 16, 2003

  3. Allan H-E

    Scot Gardner Guest

    The _Lethal Weapon_ series must be an exception.

    Scot Gardner, Oct 16, 2003
  4. Allan H-E

    Rob Pasco Guest

    What about LOTR:EE? And I think Blade II had DTS as well.

    Rob Pasco, Oct 16, 2003
  5. Allan H-E

    Ray Tracer Guest

    I can't speak to Blade II or whether or not Warner Bros. does DTS but LOTR
    was a New Line release all the way.

    Neal

    Ray Tracer, Oct 16, 2003
  6. Allan H-E

    Codswallop Guest

    But AOL/Time/Warner "owns" New Line.

    Codswallop, Oct 16, 2003
  7. Allan H-E

    Ray Tracer Guest

    Ah. Well. There you are, then. :)

    Neal

    Ray Tracer, Oct 16, 2003
  8. Allan H-E

    Biz Guest

    Did they re-release the Lethal Weapon series? I have all 4 and they don't
    have DTS on them.

    Biz, Oct 16, 2003
  9. Allan H-E

    Biz Guest

    Nevermind, I just checked, they just re-released them last month in DTS
    versions

    Biz, Oct 16, 2003
  10. Allan H-E

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    Although also owned by Time Warner, New Line Home Video is a separate
    entity from Warner Home Video and enforces their own policies.

    Warner has used DTS on a small handful of DVDs (Twister, Interview with
    the Vampire, Robin Hood, True Romance, American Outlaws, and the Lethal
    Weapon trilogy, maybe one or two others) only when the film's producers
    insist on it. As a rule, Warner refuses to pay for the DTS licensing
    because their market research has indicated that the presence of a DTS
    track does not boost sales in any significant way.

    Joshua Zyber, Oct 16, 2003
  11. Warner has used DTS on a small handful of DVDs (Twister, Interview with
    Weren't many of those titles Morgan Creek productions?

    As a rule, Warner refuses to pay for the DTS licensing

    Remove "moc" to reply.

    Whoever says "Nothing is impossible" has never tried to slam a
    revolving door.
    - Willy Walker

    Sydney Assbasket, Oct 16, 2003
  12. Warner Does a few here and there. The recent 2-disc "Robin Hood: Prince of
    Thieves" special edition is one of their latest to feature a DTS soundtrack.

    Bobby Henderson

    Bobby Henderson, Oct 20, 2003
  13. They're not strictly Warners films; they're Morgan Creek productions
    distributed under the Warners name. Actual Warners films do not receive
    DTS treatment (except the 6 titles a couple of years ago in fulfilment
    of a contractual obligation to DTS).

    Tallulah Blanket, Oct 20, 2003