    photos in color but how do I extract the information to MATCH both
    sets of photos?

    Richard

    Richard, Jan 7, 2005

  2. Richard

    Ken Guest

    You can try saving the pallet of the picture you want the colors to match and then
    load that pallet into the picture you want to match to the original. That way you
    will at least have a restricted color range to work with to try to match the two
    together. Haven't tried it myself but it might work...

    Ken

    Ken, Jan 7, 2005

  3. Richard

    PhotoMan Guest

    In Photoshop, I would open the sepia photo, and using the eyedropper tool,
    sample the tone you want to duplicate, then close that photo, open the other
    one, and work with the sampled color.

    PhotoMan, Jan 7, 2005
  4. Richard

    paul Guest

    In photoshop, make the image mode duotone (or more) where it goes from
    black (or maybe blue-black) to a sepia instead of white or maybe another
    sepia in the middle. Zoom the old photo in as far as you can go to see
    the different colored pixels & try using the eyedropper to extract those
    colors.

    paul, Jan 8, 2005
  5. Richard

    Annika1980 Guest

    From: Richard
    Sounds like a job for Photoshop CS's Match Color command.

    Annika1980, Jan 8, 2005
  6. Richard

    bob Guest

    I extract the information to MATCH both
    The other posters assume that your system is well calibrated. If it were,
    you probably wouldn't be asking the question.

    If I were in your position, I would make a new layer in photoshop with
    either the multiply or the color overlay mode, and then make some large
    rectangles across the photo with a variety of sepias. Get that printed
    and use it as a reference to figure out exactly which sepia comes
    closest.

    Bob

    bob, Jan 13, 2005