Match ip rtp is not supported for this interface

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by marc_court@hotmail.com, Sep 21, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Hi All,

    Just wondering if any one could give me a hand. I'm trying to 'Mark"
    VoIP traffic on the out bound interfaces on a Cisco 6509 and a 4507.
    Based on what I have read, the recommend why to Mark VoIP traffic on a
    router is with this command:

    class-map match-any MarkRealTime
    match ip rtp 16384 16383

    policy-map MARKING
    class MarkRealTime
    set dscp ef

    This works great for routers such as 7206 or 2811, but with a 6509
    (switch) I get an error stating "Match ip rtp is not supported for
    this interface" and the 4507 (switch) doesn't support the command at
    all. Any ideas on either an alternative method that will work or a
    work around. The interfaces I'm trying to use are standard routing
    Gig interfaces.

    Thanks

    Marc

    , Sep 21, 2007

  2. Thrill5 Guest

    On the 6509 (not sure on the 4507, but probably the same) you must mark the
    traffic with a "service-policy" on the INBOUND interfaces. Yeah it makes
    more sense to do this on the outbound VLAN, but on the 6509 this is done at
    layer 2 by the PFC.

    Thrill5, Sep 24, 2007

  3. Jose Martinez

    Joined:
    Wednesday
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi

    Did you find a solution to this already, I am experiencing the same issue.

    What Thrill5 says is not working as the service-policy command is meant to be used whenever the class-map and policy-map have been already defined. I am not sure if this is because it is an access port and the command may work for a L3 interface.

    Jose Martinez, May 16, 2018 at 4:41 PM
  4. Jose Martinez

    Joined:
    Wednesday
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Just did a test in a 6509-E switch with a L3 interface and the result is the same, I am just wondering if this is restricted to any hardware platform or model of network card.

    Jose Martinez, May 16, 2018 at 8:43 PM