    is there a answer or do you think I need a new rewriter.
    all help would be great.
    cheers hax

    mark, Dec 13, 2003

  2. mark

    Budweiser Guest

    it appears from what you say that you have two masters on the same
    cable---not good news
    assuming you have the following---hard drive (c) /cd drive / re writer drive
    the preferential setup would be(but not the only)
    ide1---hard drive (master)--cd (slave)
    ide 2--rewriter drive (master)

    having said that most new drives(rewriter) do not mind being slaves
    look at the rear or your hard drive and cd player/writer--use the manuals
    and set the jumpers to the correct config as above--
    minimal advice but a good troubleshoot that should resolve your problem

    Budweiser, Dec 13, 2003