    jumpers to cable select and slave but nothing makes a difference.

    Is there something I'm missing? It's not a HD fault as it works fine
    with my other MOBO

    studiosound, Jul 4, 2003

  2. studiosound

    Richard Guest

    I'll second checking the cable, even on a new system.
    Those wires are extremely thin and will break easily.
    I've racked my brain over fixing a similar problem, decided to replace the
    cable and all is fine.
    Recently I lost cable connection for no reason. Tech guy came in and after 3
    hours couldn't figure it out.
    He did everything but try a new USB cable.
    Once I swapped cable, I was back online.
    Wrote an e-mail to tech support saying I found the answer and explained
    everything the tech guy did, and that's what they said, that it sounded like
    a bad cable.

    Richard, Jul 4, 2003

  3. studiosound

    Shep© Guest