  1. damn it, I hit send too early...

    Thats why there are standards, if everything is built to the standard,
    then it all should work.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Apr 28, 2005

  2. he's taken what he can, and got a few mates to help him with it. It's
    mostly ready now(only 6 months later)

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Apr 28, 2005

  3. Jedmeister

    AD. Guest

    Keep going...

    The problem was the function called by onclick used window.navigate which
    was a non standard IE only method (as far as I can tell - I'm not much
    of a javascript hacker). Other browsers may have copied it for
    'compatibility' reasons.

    AD., Apr 28, 2005
  4. Jedmeister

    SNOman Guest

    8><

    Wouldn't count on it. We've just moved into our new house and it was a
    building company that has been around for a long time and won numerous
    awards. We had an appalling time and the workmanship is not too flash in
    places. It comes down to the subcontractors they get to do the job and
    the person managing the project. Needless to say we won't be using the
    same company for the next place even though it was their sub contractors
    who were crap.

    SNOman, Apr 29, 2005
  5. Jedmeister

    Chris Hope Guest

    Well there you go. Good detective work!

    Chris Hope, Apr 29, 2005
  6. Jedmeister

    Richard Guest

    Hate sites that do crap like that, not only is it not underlined, but I dont
    even get a hand when I put the mouse over it. Looking at the page, I wouldnt
    even know it was a link if it wasnt for the posts in here. Its like web
    designers expect ya to try clicking everything on the page incase it is a link.

    Richard, Apr 29, 2005
  7. Jedmeister

    AD. Guest

    Not only that, but search engines won't index it, blind users won't see
    it, text mode browsers probably won't see it, visitors with javascript
    disabled won't see it, broken link checkers probably won't see it etc etc

    AD., Apr 29, 2005
  8. Jedmeister

    Chris Hope Guest

    Have you checked the links on the Telecom site recently? A lot of them
    run via Javascript. I find it really annoying when I'm looking at a few
    pages in their site as I'd normally open them in a new tab to easily
    cross reference what I'm looking at but you can't do that when they run
    via Javascript.

    Chris Hope, Apr 29, 2005