    the millions, wiping nearly every variation of the stupid little
    birds-that-can't-fly off the face of the earth.

    Elsewhere, nobody gave a shit.

    Tech.News, Aug 26, 2004

  2. Tech.News

    Tech.News Guest

    Imitation is an excellent form of flattery.

    Tech.News, Aug 26, 2004

  3. Tech.News

    Duane Arnold Guest

    *HO*, take flattery of the table. If you hit the street corner for me like
    I asked, then I wouldn't be looking at the Mono project for that $$$$$. ;-)

    Like I told your dumb ass before, M$ rules and everyone wants on the train.
    I suggest that you don't get left at the station.

    http://www.mono-project.com/about/index.html

    Duane :)

    I am an *unregistered* Linux user. Unreg# 99999999999999999

    Duane Arnold, Aug 27, 2004
  4. Tech.News

    Duane Arnold Guest

    One other thing, you had better send massive e-mails to Novell, IBM, and
    Oracle about the commercialization of Linux, because it's coming. They want
    those $$$$, like I do.

    Hey, I hear they stopped the Linux push in Germany, because of pending law
    suites as the wolves are coming for those $$$$.

    Duane Arnold, Aug 27, 2004
  5. Bullshit from an asshole astroturfer. M$haft is an illegal monopoly, as
    found by US & EU courts. Oh, have you got eX-Pee with Stupid Pack2 to run
    on a 64bit athlon yet? Or does it keep rebooting?
    Nah, but you *had* to register your Windoze didn't you! Unless you have an
    illegal copy of course.

    Perce P. Cassidy, Aug 27, 2004
  6. Tech.News

    Michael Guest

    Do they want "solutions" like Blaster, lack of password salts, insecure
    browser, poor buffer overflow protection, lack of chrooting, desktops
    running at admin, and mediocre $800 servers?
    Duane, you are showing your envy now. Not everyone needs a point a
    click GUI and VGA monitor. I believe the signatures are advocating
    linux, much as you advocate ISS products.
    What?! SuSE has an option on install to enable firewalling and
    disabling of services. XP Pro does not. All you're demonstrating is
    your naivete of modern linux. I see zealotry, not reasonable rebuttals.
    Two words: Blaster, Sasser.
    That's the silliest thing I've ever heard. Do you have any idea how
    many linux servers are on the inet? And linux is open-source, it's easy
    to parse through code looking for exploits.
    Something like 40% of web servers already run Apache. You really think
    they are using Windows OS generally? Have you ever used netcraft.com or
    passive stack identification? Perhaps you should download linux and p0f.

    Is there a comparable Windows product at $499?

    michael

    Michael, Aug 28, 2004
  7. Tech.News, the obsessive, lop-eared market researcher and well digger,
    oozed:
    And, as in your case, delusion is an excellent form of self-protection.

    Bernard Dzugaj, Aug 28, 2004
  8. Tech.News

    Duane Arnold Guest

    I don't have any problems with MS as do many others.
    The only envy I have is that I didn't pay attention to Linux that much.
    And now I'll have to work a little bit to bring my skills with Linux to
    the point that I can cash in on it.

    I'll also advocate WatchGuard too since I am using it as well. I'll also
    so advocate Linksys since I am using it too. So what?
    You see a lot don't you? It maybe wrong, but you do see

    Well, I didn't see the FW setting at 1:00 am last Monday when I was
    having problems connecting to get the updates and had to blow past a few
    things. And besides I was behind a WG doing the install, therefore, I was
    not looking that hard. And the FW is still not on as I don't have time to
    mess around with it right now.
    That's your problem not mine.
    I know this so why even bring it up. When one can install Linux with the
    ease of MS and have support, then the clueless are coming after it.
    That's what Novell, IBM and Oracle are looking to do. The point is that
    it can be attacked and the *clueless* will increase the situation.

    Again, I'll bring it home to you. I don't give a damn about it, as I'll
    be using IIS and Apache to make the $$$$$.
    Again, I don't care as I am only showing how someone with no skills can
    afford it and install it with no problems like M$, with free support to
    boot.

    Each point along my career, I knew when to change gears to further my
    career and make the $$$$$. And that's all I am doing. Any point you are
    trying to make is moot.

    It is your personal problem, not mine.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Aug 28, 2004
  9. You're right nobody gives a shit if you have penguin-envy.

    Timothy Timbrook, Aug 28, 2004
  10. No, they don't! Unless, of course, they're ignorant & stupid.

    Of course you can make money programming for linux, & many do. He's an
    idiot & obviously knows nothing *&* it shows.

    Yes he's wrong, which was explained to him in another thread, but no, he
    prefers to utter the same old drivel. I have SuSE on another machine using
    dial up, & on *that* the firewall is automatically started by default! On
    a couple of others which are behind a router with a NAT firewall, the
    firewall is not automatically started as it's superfluous. However it can
    be made to start at bootup, by a setting in the Control Centere.
    And variations...
    As for his comments, well it just shows his ignorance IMHO.
    Just goes to show he hasn't a clue.
    Obviously he hasn't used Netcraft, who's latest "Market Share for Top
    Servers Across All Domains" figures show that Apache is *way* above M$.

    Perce P. Cassidy, Aug 28, 2004
  11. Tech.News

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Perce P. Ccontinueote:

    I see you continue to act like the little M$ crying *bitch* that you are.
    You are not playing with a full deck and you need to be locked up.

    Duane Arnold, Aug 28, 2004