    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    You guys down there doing ok?

    Monday, March 20, 2006; Posted: 1:49 a.m. EST (06:49 GMT) :heeeelll:
    SYDNEY, Australia (CNN) -- Tropical Cyclone Larry slammed into the northeastern coast of Australia Monday, causing widespread power outages and injuring around a dozen people.

    bigal, Mar 20, 2006

  2. bigal

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    It's nowhere near us, it's up north in Cairns and Townsville, it's a Category 5. One of my friends' mum is up in Cairns, she was supposed to come back today but couldn't, had to barricade herself there.

    XhArD, Mar 20, 2006

  3. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I figured you guys were down south. I visited Cairns and Townsville during our tour of the Great Barrier Reef (1998).

    bigal, Mar 20, 2006
  4. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Ouch, so how bad was it/is it? Anything like Katrina was here? If so, I'll be prayin for everyone there, enough with the damned wind already, we get the message!

    The Modfather, Mar 20, 2006
  5. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    northeastern coast. We are on the East coast mainly in the middle.

    Although Northern Queensland get hit often with the edges, this is quite big. not as big as katrina because i dont think its going to flood badly. But people would have lost there houses, and i dont think theres a Death tol yet and i hope it stays that way. If its just damage to peoples property its fixable. It started at Caterogry 5 when it hit last time i hear it was Cat. 2.

    unholy, Mar 20, 2006
  6. bigal

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Half the houses in Cairns are missing their roofs and most of whatever was inside. 150 schools shut down, they've started sending rescue crews in today. Prime Minister John Howard is goin up there tomorrow to have a look.

    XhArD, Mar 21, 2006
  7. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    Lets hope he does more then stroll along the over grown path...

    unholy, Mar 21, 2006
  8. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    That sounds pretty bad. It may take a year to recover.

    bigal, Mar 21, 2006
  9. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Or if you've got our president, it could take centuries.

    Maybe you could turn NE Australia into a CHOCOLATE state?

    (Google it, you'll find out what I mean)

    The Modfather, Mar 21, 2006