    Giles Guest

    Anyone have news on new DVDs of the Marx Brothers? Especially Duck Soup
    and Night at the Opera. Both would seem logical Criterion releases.

    Giles, Sep 2, 2003

  2. Giles

    Scot Gardner Guest

    "Giles" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Anyone have news on new DVDs of the Marx Brothers? Especially Duck
    > Soup and Night at the Opera. Both would seem logical Criterion

    releases.

    _Duck Soup_ was released by Image, at $14.99 list price, on 10/17/00 and
    is now discontinued.

    I don't think that _Night at the Opera_ has been released yet.

    Scot Gardner, Sep 2, 2003

  3. Giles

    JimReid56 Guest

    >> Anyone have news on new DVDs of the Marx Brothers? Especially Duck
    >> Soup and Night at the Opera. Both would seem logical Criterion

    >releases.
    >

    >_Duck Soup_ was released by Image, at $14.99 list price, on 10/17/00 and
    >is now discontinued.
    >
    >I don't think that _Night at the Opera_ has been released yet.

    Not sure what the deal is on the Universal-owned Paramount films, but according
    to one web site I've seen, A Night at the Opera is on Warner's release schedule
    for next year.

    JimReid56, Sep 2, 2003