    displayed through Windows Media Player (or its equivalent)?

    Thanks!

    Ross

    Ross M. Greenberg, Jan 23, 2006

  2. View>>Toolbars>>Customize

    Drag the Mark button onto whatever toolbar location you like. Its a
    dropdown with the various Mark options. I don't use it, preferring to
    right click and get it from the context menu.

    Combine and Decode is another issue, TB is not set up to accomplish this
    easily. Ed Mullen may be around in a while to offer help, but here is a
    link to his page:

    http://ed.mullen.home.comcast.net/Mozilla/moz_combine.html

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 23, 2006

  3. Gosh, Combine-and-Decode in TB seems like a lot of work to
    maybe-get-something-not-as-good-or-as-esy-as-OE.

    And the Mark-As-UnRead seems easier in OE, too.

    TB's half-assed way of sorta doing things will force me to stay an OE
    user, I'm afraid. And I can't be the only one!

    Ross

    Ross M. Greenberg, Jan 23, 2006

  4. Ah! That's more like it!

    Thanks!

    Ross

    Ross M. Greenberg, Jan 23, 2006
  5. Ross M. Greenberg

    gwtc Guest

    "Mark Unread" button -- why do you need a button for that? Inbetween
    the Subject and Sender column is a little column with Glasses. In
    this column are a bunch of what looks like little dots or Large Green
    Dots. That is the toggle for read and unread. When read, you get a
    little dot, when unread you get the Green Circle. Also, the keyboard
    shortcut is to hit the Letter "M"

    gwtc, Jan 23, 2006
  6. Ross M. Greenberg

    gwtc Guest

    thats one of the downfalls of TB. As a side note, someone is working
    on a way for this decoding problem.

    gwtc, Jan 23, 2006
  7. Ross M. Greenberg

    Doubledoom Guest

    Binary use in OE is rubbish as well. Once you have used a binary
    newsreader, you will never use TB or OE for that side of things again.
    For text based though TB does outdo OE. Although, like you, there are
    a couple of things I wouldn't mind tweaked. Such as a single click to
    Mark ALL read and a filter that allows all posts on a thread you have
    contributed in to be highlighted in a different colour (that filter is
    possible on OE by marking all threads you have contributed in as watched
    and highlight all watched threads as red)

    David

    Doubledoom, Jan 24, 2006
  8. Ross M. Greenberg

    davodavo

    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    ??Penelope mark-as-unread button??

    Hi--I just tried both these approaches for marking a message unread on Penelope / TB 2.0.0.4 on WinXP-SP2. The little green dots don't appear as columns in the message sorter window, and the M keyboard shortcut does nothing (ctrl-M makes a new message).

    Where can I look to reset these things for the behavior you're talking about?

    (If this is an RTFM, please reply with the URL of the FM page I need to know about.)

    Thanks

    davodavo, Jun 18, 2007