    ideas
    WinXP home on mp3 pc and laptop
    98se on mpg, no problems with 98 box

    Rosco, Nov 26, 2005

  2. Rosco

    PC Guest

    Rosco

    No fix but have observed similar issues with other wireless networked
    laptops.
    Possibly tied up with power saving putting the wireless to sleep until you
    wake it with a direct explorer call.
    Have also had one wireless USB device that would only work after connecting
    the same machine via Cat5 & then disconnecting the Cat 5.

    Another setup I've looked at with two laptops, one would connect instantly &
    stay connected rock solid all day if necessary, the other laptop would
    connect sometimes & then just drop out after a few seconds/minutes. The one
    that worked had the same brand of wireless equipment as the access
    point(Dlink), the laptop giving problems had another brand (Intel Centrino)

    Cheers
    Paul.

    PC, Nov 26, 2005