mapped drives unreliable

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Guest, Jul 5, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    hello,
    I somewhat successfully set up my laptop to network to my desktop via
    wireless router. But i think there is probably still one adjustment that I
    have yet to make and hope someone may know or direct me. I thought it could
    be the firewalls and antiviruls, but I disabled them, since I am not on the
    net anyways.

    What happens is that the shared drives don't display quickly. It seems to
    take some time for my laptop to see the shared folders n drives from the pc.
    Eventually, I can send a number of files to store on my pc's "large"
    harddrive. But sometimes I simply loose the connection, the map drives may
    no longer be accessiable or they will be eventually. My wireless signal is
    very strong and is not encrypted.

    I didn't make any changes to settings like tcp, etc... as I thought all this
    was automatically set when creating the networked places. But could there be
    something like maybe netbios or something that requires to be set.

    I only suggested netbios as it comes to mind and i don't understand it or if
    it is relevant...

    Guest, Jul 5, 2006

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest