    you can search for details and names.

    My employer paid $150.00 for this 5 years ago.

    Enjoy NZ

    RayC, Apr 19, 2013

  2. RayC

    Donchano Guest

    Thanks. I still have the original software & maps. But it's no longer
    loaded on my computer since I upgraded. Just as easy to use the web
    version.

    Donchano, Apr 19, 2013

  3. RayC

    JohnO Guest

    I remember back in the day paying what seemed a small fortune for RNZN marine charts. And then you had to keep updating them from the published notices.

    Nowdays you can download them for free and if you have a good enough printer, print them out. I just with they had them online in a zoomable format these topo maps are in. The hi res charts are in TIFF format and I need to find a decent application to view them with. MSPaint dies pretty bad due to the memory required to load them in.

    JohnO, Apr 19, 2013
  4. RayC

    Dave Doe Guest

    If you want to combine a free chart plotter and the NZ marine charts,
    use OpenCPN and ALL the NZ nautical charts that some nice chap has
    compiled into directly useable OpenCPN format...

    http://opencpn.org/

    http://mce66.altervista.org/software.html#Free_Nautical_Raster_Maps
    (NewZealandNauticalCharts_V37.7z)

    Dave Doe, Apr 20, 2013