    And you can record anything that you see on the TV screen, although in
    some cases it may require quite a bit of mucking about that the average
    user wouldn't or coudln't be bothered doing.

    Your Name, Dec 18, 2013

  2. Possible

    Fred Guest

    Or the TV's pvr

    Fred, Dec 18, 2013

  3. Possible

    Your Name Guest

    Yet again: extremely few TVs have an in-built recorder. :-\

    Your Name, Dec 18, 2013

  4. I was referring to Igloo Not SKY. 2 different beasts..

    Frank Williams, Dec 18, 2013

  5. If the TV can record from a Ext connection..

    Frank Williams, Dec 18, 2013
  6. Possible

    Your Name Guest

    Yet again, you do NOT in any way need an Internet connection to use
    Igloo.

    Geez, can't put it much clearer than that. :-\

    Your Name, Dec 19, 2013
  7. Possible

    Your Name Guest

    Yet again, most TVs can NOT record anything at all. You need a separate
    recorder box of come description. :-\

    Your Name, Dec 19, 2013

  8. That's how you get the requested TV stuff down via the Internet..

    Frank Williams, Dec 19, 2013

  9. Once you rent a movie or TV episode your Igloo will start streaming the
    content over your Internet connection. You have 48 hours to watch the
    content so you can pause it and return later, or watch multiple times in
    that period. Streaming started in a few seconds, and will obviously
    depend on your broadband connection speeds and if no one else is using
    the Internet for heavy downloads at the time.

    Cons
    - TV episodes cost more than I like and perhaps a TV episode
    subscription pack should be available
    - TV episodes are mainly older British series - large selection but
    nothing current or recent
    - A couple of glitches in some of the settings menu that don't affect
    normal operation
    - Even though the Sleep time is set to Never, the box went to sleep
    overnight
    - No moving window buffer so you can't rewind live TV to view a bit you
    missed
    - The sports rental lineup is disappointing

    PLUS THIS, not many ISP's listed is their !

    Igloo worked with some ISP's to make their rentals "unmetered". This
    means if you are connecting to the Internet via Slingshot; Xnet, Woosh
    and Snap! then the download is zero-rated. Their documentation says a
    movie can use between 500 MB and 1.5 GB to stream while TV episodes vary
    from 200 MB up to 600 MB.

    Frank Williams, Dec 19, 2013
  10. Possible

    Your Name Guest

    Complete and utter bollocks. :-\

    Yet again (maybe capital letters will help it sink through):

    *YOU DO NOT NEED AN INTERNET CONNECTION TO USE IGLOO*

    Your Name, Dec 19, 2013
  11. Possible

    Your Name Guest

    Then don't rent movies. You can still watch TV, buy the extra Sky
    channels / shows, etc. Igloo (and Sky TV) work perfectly well without a
    Internet connection, therefore it is NOT *needed* by any stretch of the
    imagination. :-\

    Your Name, Dec 19, 2013
  12. *YOU NEED AN INTERNET CONNECTION TO USE IGLOO*

    Frank Williams, Dec 19, 2013
  13. Possible

    Your Name Guest

    Complete and utter bollocks.

    Another dimbulb moron to ad to my killfile. :-\

    Your Name, Dec 19, 2013
  14. Possible

    Gordon Guest

    New here? Woger, as he is often referred to, manages to post stuff to wind
    people up. Well that is the affect at any rate.

    Gordon, Dec 20, 2013
  15. Possible

    Your Name Guest

    Apparently he's a brainless idiot who can't understand simply English
    .... or he's a moron who blindly believes everyone on the planet does
    the same as him (i.e. he "needs" to rent movies, so therefore he, and
    thus everyone else on the planet, "needs" to have an Internet
    connection to use Igloo). :-\

    Your Name, Dec 20, 2013
  16. Possible

    Possible Guest

    To get the Extra TV shows or Videos you need a Broadband ISP connection
    and only some IPS's do not meter.

    Read the Geek zone review

    Seems that most here have tunnel vision

    The only ones that get wound up are the ones that have made the mistake
    and then try to defend it by slandering me..

    I have worked for a number of years as a Quality control Engineer, so I
    do know crap when I see it..

    Possible, Dec 20, 2013

  17. To get the added TV Shows or Videos you need a Internet connection

    Please reed the Geekzone review

    Frank Williams, Dec 20, 2013

  18. To get the added TV Shows or Videos you need a Internet connection

    Please read the Geekzone review

    Frank Williams, Dec 20, 2013
  19. Frank Williams, Dec 20, 2013
  20. Possible

    Your Name Guest

    Read the new topic "igloo" posted by Greg Wong ... see the word
    *OPTIONAL* ... that means you do *NOT* need an Internet connection to
    use the Igloo boxes. They function perfectly well without an internet
    connection and you can pre-pay Sky channels over the phone when you
    want them. :-\

    Your Name, Dec 21, 2013