  1. Possible

    Fred Guest

    I know people who subscribe to Sky who only watch an hour or two a month.

    Fred, Dec 17, 2013

  2. Possible

    Fred Guest

    You only pick up 30 days if and when you want.

    Fred, Dec 17, 2013

  3. Possible

    Fred Guest

    That's silly. You can buy a separate recorder or one of those cheap
    gizmos for viewing and recording TV on your computer. They are dead
    cheap. Replay through usb on TV or connect the computer with an HDMI
    cable, but does anyone really record TV to watch later???

    Fred, Dec 17, 2013

  4. Yes but not on older models AND ONLY the Channel you are watching..

    Frank Williams, Dec 17, 2013

  5. Channel 14 it was posted in the papers and on the Radio that it was
    Only available on a True Freeview channel not Igloo.

    Recoding Just not possible as its DVB T2 or do you mean the Analog TV
    output..?

    Frank Williams, Dec 17, 2013

  6. Only records the Channel you are watching..

    Frank Williams, Dec 17, 2013
  7. Possible

    Enkidu Guest

    Yes, so do I. They are sillier than the Igloo users, in my opinion.
    Fred, I may express it strongly, but it is after all only my opinion.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Dec 17, 2013
  8. Possible

    Enkidu Guest

    Yes, I do, all the time. If there is a time clash, if I can't be
    bothered to watch a film at the time it is on, if it goes on later than
    I want to stay up, if people visit, if it is on when I am out. We don't
    watch a lot of TV, and we watch even less when it is actually broadcast.
    It is easy to record something 'just in case'. Most of it never gets
    watched, but that's not a big deal!

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Dec 17, 2013
  9. Possible

    Fred Guest

    Igloo is not compulsory. If you don't want it then don't have it. It
    costs nothing to have one sitting there, even if you never turn it on
    except to use your PVR occasionally as I do.

    Fred, Dec 17, 2013
  10. Possible

    Fred Guest

    Wiyh igloo you can pvr a channel while watching another channel through
    igloo source.

    Fred, Dec 17, 2013
  11. Possible

    Fred Guest

    I mean you can record the freeview channels but not the extra igloo
    channels and ch14, Somit is on igloo regardless of what you read.

    Fred, Dec 17, 2013
  12. Possible

    Your Name Guest

    Some of the latest TV models just have the ability to record direct to
    a USB stick or USB hard drive, rather than an actual in-built recorded
    storage, which does make it easier to increase storage capacity when
    you want to, or to archive shows (all of Fireman Sam on one USB stick
    for example, although it's illegal to keep recorded copies of shows).

    Bazillions of people do. One added bonus of doing that is being able to
    quickly skip through the adverts! :)

    Your Name, Dec 17, 2013
  13. Possible

    Your Name Guest

    I know people who watch almost exclusively Sky TV channels. :)

    Your Name, Dec 17, 2013

  14. Just not possible it uses DVB T2 for one thing and recording from HDMI
    is blocked..

    I record some 8 or more programs a week..

    Frank Williams, Dec 17, 2013

  15. Yes but its falsely advertises, they are not telling you that you need a
    Internet connection and a un metered ISP and that it does not record..

    Frank Williams, Dec 17, 2013

  16. Totally false it cant record full stop.

    Frank Williams, Dec 17, 2013

  17. You cant full stop as its DVB T2

    Frank Williams, Dec 17, 2013
  18. Possible

    Your Name Guest

    The Igloo box can't (yet), but the uyser can by simply using another
    recording device plugged into the Igloo box.

    Your Name, Dec 18, 2013
  19. Possible

    Your Name Guest

    The next gimmick by the TV makers will be to include dual-receivers in
    the TV ... they have to leave something out so they can get numbskulls
    buying the latest new model again in six months time. :)

    Your Name, Dec 18, 2013
  20. Possible

    Your Name Guest

    My Mother recording her soap operas to watch later at night when the
    rest of us had gone to bed ... thank goodness. :) She started doing
    that way back when we first got a VHS recorder and still does it now
    with a hard drive based recorder.

    Your Name, Dec 18, 2013