ManGRIP ACTION BALL HEAD W/QUICK RELEASE PLATE / Cat. No: 222 frotto/Bogen

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Anthony Larkin, Feb 11, 2004.

  1. Any opinions on this unit - I intend using it with my Nikon D100?

    Anthony Larkin

    Anthony Larkin, Feb 11, 2004

  2. Sorry - subject line typo error, should read Manfrotto Grip Action Ball Head

    Anthony Larkin, Feb 11, 2004

  3. Anthony Larkin

    Colm Guest

    I have one and like it a lot. Some don't like them, but I grew up using
    joysticks so it's quite natural for me. :)
    Anyway, works fine for me with a 10D & 70-200L F4 on top.

    Colm, Feb 11, 2004
  4. Anthony Larkin

    Jack Kurtz Guest

    I have one and like it a lot. With anything up to a 70 - 200 2.8 (or
    300 f4) it is super. It is a little light for longer, heavier lenses,
    like 300 2.8 and above (although I have used it succesfully with a 600
    f4 and 2X converter). But I think it is the best tripod head available
    in its class.

    jack

    Jack Kurtz, Feb 11, 2004
  5. Hi Colm,
    Did you buy it here in Ireland? - I see you have an Irish E-mail address -
    where and how much?

    Anthony (New Ross)

    Anthony Larkin, Feb 11, 2004
  6. I bought it locally (North Dublin), but I don't recall exactly how much it cost. I got a 190DB
    tripod at the same time. About ?200 for both I think, but I could be wrong. I didn't shop around
    because I was in a bit of a hurry.

    --
    Colm

    : Hi Colm,
    : Did you buy it here in Ireland? - I see you have an Irish E-mail address -
    : where and how much?
    :
    : Anthony (New Ross)

    Colm Gallagher, Feb 12, 2004
  7. Hi Colm,

    Thanks for that - I ordered one today Thursday from Conn's cameras cost €119
    expecting delivery Friday, probably monday.

    Anthony

    Anthony Larkin, Feb 12, 2004
  8. Anthony Larkin

    Alan Browne Guest

    I was tempted too, but playing with one for 10 minutes turned me off:

    --your "fist" making muscles get tired quick.
    --If you rotate from H to P, the parallax is humungous.

    Sorry I didn't post this before you ordered, I look like the only "nay"
    vote in any case.

    Cheers,
    Alan.

    Alan Browne, Feb 13, 2004