    to chose. I would rather stick with Visual C++ since I already know it from
    6.0, but is C# a more appropriate choice?

    Thanks

    odiesback, Sep 8, 2005

  2. odiesback

    David Guest

    Syntax is similar, you should try to learn the difference between both and be
    able to be "bilingual". Once you learn C#, VB.NET is not very far behind.
    Think of each language as a tool in your toolbox, you can use whichever is
    appropriate for the situation. But if I had too choose, from personal
    experience, I like C#.

    David, Sep 9, 2005

  3. Since this group is about certification, the question should be C# or
    VB.NET.. I'm not aware there are any certification exams on the .NET track
    that cover managed C++. If you are simply concerned about "upgrading" to
    ..NET without certification, going managed with the same language will be the
    least painful. If you care about the certification though, C# is closer to
    C++ than VB.NET is, so C# would be your obvious choice.

    Stephan

    Stephan Steiner, Sep 14, 2005