"Mamiya Tempts Photographers With Sample High Res ZD Photos"

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Bill Hilton, Dec 19, 2005.

  1. Bill Hilton

    Bill Hilton Guest

    Bill Hilton, Dec 19, 2005

  2. Bill Hilton

    Scott W Guest

    I downloaded on image Nature_A. I don't know what is wrong but it
    looks pretty bad, full of noise, black specks.
    There are also a lot of places where the detail seems to be just gone.

    Scott

    Scott W, Dec 19, 2005

  3. Bill Hilton

    Kinon O'cann Guest

    "Mamiya embarasses self by displaying vaporware gear."

    Film at 11.

    Have they offered a ship date?

    Kinon O'cann, Dec 19, 2005
  4. Bill Hilton

    Rich Guest

    Why do they have the warning, "These are big image files."
    1. Anyone even considering this camera will know it.
    2. Anyone who can afford this camera won't be on dial-up.
    -Rich

    Rich, Dec 20, 2005
  5. Bill Hilton

    Scott W Guest

    Not everyone is where you can get high speed.

    Then too to save bandwidth they would like not everyone to download the
    images.

    Also the one image I looked at was so bad I would think they would not
    want anyone to download them.

    Scott

    Scott W, Dec 20, 2005
  6. Bill Hilton

    Kinon O'cann Guest

    They forgot one more warning:

    3. Warning, camera is vaporware.

    Kinon O'cann, Dec 20, 2005
  7. Bill Hilton

    Rich Guest

    Odd, when you consider there are several medium format digitals out
    there now. I wonder if they had trouble with the reflex system, the
    mirror mechanism, due to it's size?
    -Rich

    Rich, Dec 21, 2005
  8. I haven't made it to the stores yet today (and won't be able to), but the
    Japanese camera magazines that hit the streets yesterday claim that it'll be
    in the stores today (it's 11:20 Wednesday morning here).

    (FWIW, every time I've noticed a camera announcement with a date on it (in a
    Japanese magazine), the stores in Tokyo have actually had it on that date.)

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan

    David J. Littleboy, Dec 21, 2005
  9. Bill Hilton

    Stacey Guest

    Noise? You can't be looking at the same image I just downloaded.

    Yes that's kinda odd. The other "C" landscape has some of this as well, not
    as pronounced. I wonder if it's a jpeg issue or do the tiffs/RAW also have
    this?
    Probably from over compressing it?

    Stacey, Dec 21, 2005
  10. Bill Hilton

    Scott W Guest

    Could be. I assume the camera puts out both raw and tiffs, niether of
    which should show so much lost of detail. Given the rather large size
    of the jpeg files I would not expect so much loss in detail from
    converting to jgeg.

    Scott

    Scott W, Dec 21, 2005