    Leythos Guest

    If you want to believe that, then do. My guess is that you've never
    owned a big dog and tried to keep it in a small area :)

    Leythos, Jul 31, 2006

  2. He who makes bad joke gets what he deserves.

    All the pets in the neighborhood are conspiring to come shit on your
    lawn, Leythos. :)

    Rhonda Lea Kirk, Jul 31, 2006

  3. Plato

    Leythos Guest

    LOL, I have a wolf and two other large dogs, I might not notice :)

    Leythos, Jul 31, 2006
  4. Plato

    Meat Plow Guest

    I had a 160 lb Rot that played with a 16 lb bowling ball. Best dog in the
    world IMO. Very loyal and fiercely protective of my then 3 yr old son.
    Said son used to hang on and ride the Rot around like a horse. Was the
    hardest thing to do to put him down when he went blind and failed by his
    kidneys..

    Meat Plow, Jul 31, 2006
  5. <sad> I'm sorry, Mr. Plow.

    Rotties are lovely dogs. When my kitty was a baby kitty, she had one as
    a playmate. They were quite a sight together. :)

    Rhonda Lea Kirk, Jul 31, 2006
  6. Plato

    Meat Plow Guest

    Our black cat used to sleep on him. Was almost like the Tom and Jerry
    cartoon where the little kitty climbs on the bulldog and does that claw
    pushing thing into is flesh. I could almost see Max grimace but never flex
    a muscle or make a sound.

    Meat Plow, Jul 31, 2006
  7. Plato

    Leythos Guest

    That must run in large dogs, my Wolf, I should have used the past tense,
    died of Kidney failure at 8 years of age. We took him (as all of our
    dogs) to the vet ever 6 months for standard checkups.... When he went,
    at #145, I could not move him (while he was still hanging on) as he made
    it evident that he didn't want to be moved. The vet came over, with the
    wolfs head in my lap, and gave him the final injection - never see eyes
    go so wide...

    Leythos, Jul 31, 2006
  8. Plato

    Meat Plow Guest

    Yep been there done that. Very hard to do.

    Meat Plow, Jul 31, 2006